Source for new sails in the U.S. ?

Justin Hawkins

Hi guys,

I was thinking that my sails could make it another year, but I believe the time has come for them to be replaced. I've found a sailmaker that'll make me a new set using my old sails as a template for $1500 USD. He's not yet made a set for the strut braced drifter, so he'll need my old ones to duplicate.

Does anyone know of a good sailmaker that's got a track record for nice fitting sails on the strut braced Austflight drifter ? My old ones are tired. I'm hesitant to use mine for a template, as they seem a tad loose fitting, especially in the tail.

Thanks,

Justin

Hi Justin his sails have good quality velcro and has seals between control services not sure how the strut braced wings are but my cable braced dont have any zippers not needed.

• Like 1

The skins you see in my avatar to the left here came from Wayne, and I selected them from the website. These colors, being strong colors looked just the same in reality as on the website. I suspect the lighter colors may have some difference in reproduction, but pretty close. Wayne is very good at giving you the info on what you can expect once you talk to him.

Pud

• Like 1

No question about it - if it is Drifter related, Wayne is THE man alright. The extra $1000 is nothing compared to getting ill-fitting sails from someone inexperienced with Drifters.

NO ONE knows drifters like Wayne!

• Like 3