503 on floats?

Hi all,I need a quick answer please.

Can a 503 Rotax drive a Wizard wing on floats?

Thanks

Regards Bill

Don't worry about it, I spoke to Airborne and they said it would be fine................................ as long as I didn't want to take off super_hero.gif.5d50ddb84d4e7e727183b80b4acbc28c.gif

• Like 1

Don't worry about it, I spoke to Airborne and they said it would be fine................................ as long as I didn't want to take off super_hero.gif.5d50ddb84d4e7e727183b80b4acbc28c.gif

Gee, what a let down! 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif

Bill,

It would be cheaper to buy a boat mate if you just want to run around on the water, or you planning to have some floods mate, i'm pretty sure if you place floods 3 parts of Australia will be under water:augie:

Alf

Off topic, I know,But!

I have flown a Rotax 503 powered, Austflight WB Drifter, on floats.

The floats were made of fiber glass and they were about 3/4 of the length of the fuselage...They looked so big, that anyone would reckon the AC would never get off the water.

Get off the water it did... I put it through it`s paces and I was amazed at the way it handled.

Eventually, a student of mine purchased it, without the floats, from the guy who owned it.

Frank.

Ps, Bill!..You may need to get a WB Drifter on floats and put the 503 on it. 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

Bill,It would be cheaper to buy a boat mate if you just want to run around on the water, or you planning to have some floods mate, i'm pretty sure if you place floods 3 parts of Australia will be under water:augie:

Alf

Now Alf,

We both know it's not about whats cheap. It's about having this itch that you just have to scratch:bash: . You see there is this place where we go camping you get out of bed walk twenty paces and there is a beautiful little backwater just right for ......................

.1900814272_Corringlefire006.jpg.d0e584a8056d478f9b4695009e0c4c9c.jpg.

If it was about what's cheap I would sell the trike and buy a racehorse or something:roflmao:

Regards Bill

• Like 1

Now Alf,We both know it's not about whats cheap. It's about having this itch that you just have to scratch:bash: . You see there is this place where we go camping you get out of bed walk twenty paces and there is a beautiful little backwater just right for ......................

.[ATTACH=full]16475[/ATTACH].

If it was about what's cheap I would sell the trike and buy a racehorse or something:roflmao:

Regards Bill

Bill,

Better find out if you are allowed to land a waterborne craft on that lovely little backwater, be a shame to outlay all that money to find out the DNRE or whomever wont allow it, just because boats can go on it doesn't mean float planes can.

Just looking after me farmer mates interest.ace.gif.4b7b2ce3e9d614e05873a978e6555c1d.gif

Alf

Just looking after me farmer mates interest.ace.gif.4b7b2ce3e9d614e05873a978e6555c1d.gif

Alf

It's like your making a career out of it lately. It's scary to think how much money you saved me yesterday, even if I did have to stay home and work instead of driving around looking at trikes. I'll probably have to come to your house and wash dishes for a month or mow the lawn or something........012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Regards Bill

It's like your making a career out of it lately. It's scary to think how much money you saved me yesterday, even if I did have to stay home and work instead of driving around looking at trikes. I'll probably have to come to your house and wash dishes for a month or mow the lawn or something........012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gifRegards Bill

Na Bill,

None of that mate, you owe me nothing the friendship is plenty.

Alf

• 2 months later...

Trikes on floats..........go to Canada, they work over there, they don't work here. Pretty much every trike I have heard of on floats in Australia has ended up sinking. Doesn't matter what powerplant they use, they just roll over and sink. The really good thing about an 503 Rotax on a float-trike is it keeps the replacement cost of the trike down.

• 1 month later...
Trikes on floats..........go to Canada, they work over there, they don't work here. Pretty much every trike I have heard of on floats in Australia has ended up sinking. Doesn't matter what powerplant they use, they just roll over and sink. The really good thing about an 503 Rotax on a float-trike is it keeps the replacement cost of the trike down.

Funny you say that, because my CFI says the exact same thing.... Me being a curious bloke will need to get to the bottom of this... As I'm going to put my x-series on floats....