smoking a winnie blue on qlink or virgin

johnm

It’s not hard to notice that airline staff has this morbid, dreary fascination for that person (s) who want

to smoke a cigarette on board THEIR flight.

You’d have to be a simple, single celled creature (they also do use air travel (………..and federal government chauffeured cars)) …………….. not to realise that you can’t smoke in the terminal and likewise in the plane ?

With monotony the announcement is always – ‘against civil aviation safety regulation – no smoking in the aircraft – no smoking in the toilet – smoke detector in toilet’

My god a smoke detector in the toilet ! ………….. you just feel like shouting out down the aisle – ‘blast, when did they put a smoke detector in the bloody toilet !’

I guess the airlines have to cater for lowest common denominator ……….. or do they think the gene pool in the back can’t ‘cut it’ with the gene pool in the front

I reckon the paternalistic, patronising smoking messages should be dropped or cut back

……………………… there ………… feeling better now

JM

I guess the airlines have to cater for lowest common denominator ……

Sadly that seems to be the way of world these days. Even sadder is the number of lowest common denominators out there.

My son recently sat next to a guy on a flight who had his iPhone connected to, and using, the Internet for the whole flight. Climb, Cruise, Descent. No in-flight mode for him...let alone just having the thing switched on during climb and descent. So there seems to be plenty of denominators that are perfectly willing to break the rules and risk the safety of a flight (however small the risk) for the sake of their own entertainment. *Sigh*.

Sat next to a bloke on a flight from Sydney to Perth a couple of weeks ago who as he sat reading his AOPA mag decided to pick his nose, roll them up and flick em on the floor. My thoughts at the time were, ' what swamp did he crawl out of '. Needless to say I didnt mention to him that I was interested in aviation as there was no way I wanted to sit next to any longer than that one flight.

By the way there were people on the flight that had to be told to fasten their seat belt even after the cabin crew did their presentation. F----d if I know?

Just look into a public system class room these days... when I went to college it disgusted me, I thought you went to those places to learn? Not party! 086_gaah.gif.afc514336d60d84c9b8d73d18c3ca02d.gif

The even sadder part now is you can not discipline them like they need. Just ask the school bus drivers...

So I guess if you can't discipline kids at a younger age they are only going to keep the habits into their adulthood.

Difficult problem. Other societies are working hard to be just like us. ( Someone should tell them not to bother).

Can't discipline any one . They might get depressed if they're not allowed to do just what they want . Nev

• Like 1

Just look into a public system class room these days... when I went to college it disgusted me, I thought you went to those places to learn? Not party! 086_gaah.gif.afc514336d60d84c9b8d73d18c3ca02d.gifThe even sadder part now is you can not discipline them like they need. Just ask the school bus drivers...

So I guess if you can't discipline kids at a younger age they are only going to keep the habits into their adulthood.

What is with this blame the victim mentality? These youngsters are the victims of the society created by their baby boomer forefathers to suck all the juice out of them to pay for their lifestyle.