G'day from North Queensland

corvairkr

Hi Everybody,

Im Jason from Townsville i have been lurking for a while now and thought it was about time i said g'day . I have been an aeroplane geek for as long as i remember , i started flying training on 172's in the early nineties getting to GFPT and PPL theory before losing a lot of money when the school i was with folded up, and at the time being a young fella with a young family and other comittments i had to put the dream on hold , so for the last 20 odd years i have been walking around with my eyes skyward 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

I have also had a long held dream of designing and building my own aircraft and have spent many hours with the John Roncz spreadsheets and Hoerners book "fluid dynamic drag " amongst many other texts , and have recently built a small workshop under our house and started machining timber for aircraft parts .

I am looking forward to my RAA training and meeting you all around the traps ,love this site to there seems to be some great people here .

cheers

Jason super_hero.gif.5d50ddb84d4e7e727183b80b4acbc28c.gif

Hi Jason from Townsville , 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif...I`m up the road a bit more, at Deeral, between Cairns and Innisfail.

I vaguely recall something about a flying school taking money in advance, with the promise of training pilots up to commercial standard, then folding. I`m not sure why it folded, but I think CASA had something to do with it.

Your experience is unfortunate but better late than never.

Cheers,

Frank.

Hi Farri,

My inlaws live in innisfail i may have to track you down next time we are up that way . i have seen the photos you have posted you have top spot up there .

Hi Frank ,

I am planning on doing my lessons through Steve at ATA , i understand the Gazelle is down for maintenance and was hoped to be back on line mid Feb, i havent chased Steve up as work will be 7 days for another couple of weeks yet but i can wait.

Hi Doug ,

Hows that lairy pink loehle of yours going ?

Jason

Guest Maj Millard

Hi Jason, I signed off Steves' Gazelle last weekend with the new engine in it, so shouldn't be too long before it's back out at Starke.

I'm over at Montpelier which is near Oak Vally. I'd be happy to take you for a run if your around anytime, otherwise I'll probably run into you at Starke, as I often drop in there. Do take the effort to hook up with Frank and Fran at Deeral, they've got a nice spot there, and Frank flew Adam out to find a spot to build the Ark, so he's been around for a while !!.....................Cheers and welcome to the forum...................................Ross Millard 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

G'day Maj,

Thanks for the welcome , I live just down the road from montpelier at wulguru , i will hold you to that run in your lightwing i would love it:smile:. i checked it out at the ingham airshow(now i feel like a stalker) its a very tidy looking machine . i wouldnt mind having a squizz at the corvair powered piet you mentioned the other day that is out there to as i bought a corvair to convert for my project .....look forward to meeting you

and Frank flew Adam out to find a spot to build the Ark, so he's been around for a while !!.....................Cheers and welcome to the forum...................................Ross Millard 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Hi Ross, I think that was Noah, not Adam!

• Like 1

Guest Maj Millard

RKW, Adam was the one who found the spot and ordered the boat, Noah was just a chippie and ex-zoo attendant, and got the job of building the damn thing !!...Frank kept them in Lobster meat while they were doing it .......................Maj...008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

Hi Farri,My inlaws live in innisfail i may have to track you down next time we are up that way . i have seen the photos you have posted you have top spot up there .

Jason

Any time Jason, just let me know you`re coming. I`ll be happy to meet you.

I know Innisfail fairly well and though it`s a long time since I lived there , I may know your inlaws.

Cheers,

Frank.