G'day from central Queensland

SAJ

G'day

I just joined up, Ive been mad about aircraft since I was a kid ,I like ww11 aircraft but could never afford one, also like ultralights I have been into ultralights since the early days.

Starting playing around with Skycraft Scout ultralights around 1983 before 2 seater trainers became available, crashed once. Did my ultralight licence in a Thruster T300 in 1992 and have been flying ever since.

Cheers

SAJ

G'day and Welcome SAJ,

What part of Australia do you live in? I'm from Leeming, a suburb of Perth WA.

Sounds like you would have some flying stories to tell when you feel like it:wink:

I fly a T500 but did my initial training back in the late 90's in a Drifter.

Cheers,

Pud

G'day and Welcome SAJ,What part of Australia do you live in? I'm from Leeming, a suburb of Perth WA.

Sounds like you would have some flying stories to tell when you feel like it:wink:

I fly a T500 but did my initial training back in the late 90's in a Drifter.

Cheers,

Pud

G'day Pud.

I live in Longreach, central QLD. I also own a T500,I bought it as a wreck from a bloke in Cloncurry back in 1994 it took me about a year to rebuild it.

I did 9 hours in a Drifter in 1984 learning to fly from the bloke I brought my Skycraft Scout from, this was before you needed a licence, I could takeoff and fly the Drifter but I could'nt get the landings right. When a ultralight instructor by the name of Bill Morris came through Longreach I did my licence with him in a T300, I reckon the Drifter and the Thruster are great aircraft,Tail draggers are great.

SAJ

• Like 2

098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif SAJ,

I lived at Longreach from 1995 - 1999 - I moved there from Winton and left for Barcaldine. I had a C152, which I still have, now based in Springsure. I am pretty sure I know you. Kingfisher St?

Welcome aboard, there are a few from Longreach - Winton way on the forum and a heap of other good sorts.

Sue

• Like 1

G'day, Starting playing around with Skycraft Scout ultralights around 1983 before 2 seater trainers became available, crashed once. Cheers SAJ

G`Day SAJ, and 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif. Your one of my my mates 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif.

Way back when I was a member of the Far North Queensland Ultralight Association and we were just starting to get going, two great guys who were also members, donated a Scout to the club. For those who don`t know, the original Scout had elevator and rudder only. The rudder was connected to the control stick and left and right movement of the stick, worked the rudder. I modified it and made rudder pedals to work the rudder. Though there were no ailerons at least the rudder would be worked in the conventional way.

The aircraft was not to be flown and only used for taxi practise......Well I had to test this thing, didn`t I, so I ran up and down a couple of times and it got airborn. I flew about three feet off the ground, for about fifty metres. It was no step at all for mankind but a great step for me. I`d never flown before, I didn`t crash it and I got such a buzz that I remember it still....... I did get to fly another Scout, later on and it didn`t end like the one in the vidio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvwJG8EKxoE

Frank.

G'day Pud.I live in Longreach, central QLD. I also own a T500,I bought it as a wreck from a bloke in Cloncurry back in 1994 it took me about a year to rebuild it.

I did 9 hours in a Drifter in 1984 learning to fly from the bloke I brought my Skycraft Scout from, this was before you needed a licence, I could takeoff and fly the Drifter but I could'nt get the landings right. When a ultralight instructor by the name of Bill Morris came through Longreach I did my licence with him in a T300, I reckon the Drifter and the Thruster are great aircraft,Tail draggers are great.

SAJ

We are definitely on the same page SAJ.

I look forward to your future posts.

Pud

098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif SAJ,I lived at Longreach from 1995 - 1999 - I moved there from Winton and left for Barcaldine. I had a C152, which I still have, now based in Springsure. I am pretty sure I know you. Kingfisher St?

Welcome aboard, there are a few from Longreach - Winton way on the forum and a heap of other good sorts.

Sue

G'day Sue.

How are you going, How's INC going you still flying her. I heard you had brought another plane, what did you get.

Shane.

Hi Shane,

INC is about to get repainted & interior updated, I married 4 years ago and he has a Scout he's too heavy to get off the ground (but I can), a Lightwing he's loaned to someone else, a Karasport (single seater) in a trailer and a turbulent that will never fly again hanging from the rafters. When I met him he was building a RANS S7 and this is the plane we do the most flying in. He was seriously considering building an Whisky IV from plans, but that looks dead in the water now. He's looking at other types and designing his own, so we might have another one in 10 years time.

Sue