Impossible Airfield

winsor68

381 Expeditionary Combat Support Squadron is briefed on the mission. All 250 members must be prepared for anything because once they leave the base for the remote location, the is no turning back.

There mission... To construct an airfield to land the RAAF's largest aircraft in 36 hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1coKNRiqTQ

• Like 1

Guest Maj Millard

Interesting stuff...I'm sure they have done just that in the current war zones. One of our trike pilots up here who was a RAAF traffic controller, told me they had the capability to have an instrument approach remote airfield set up within 24 hrs in a combat zone, on selected suitable ground.

The army came to Ingham airport one day, and within hours had a full secured camp set up, complete with tents, latrines, water and power supply, sandbagged security perimeter, and full security armed guards patrolling the perimeter. One told me it was a camp designed to recieve captured enemy.

I taxied out past it in the Drifter that afternoon, and was challanged by one of the armed guards !...who let me past.

Went to work the next morning and the whole lot was gone !...you could hardly believe they were even there......................................................................Maj...033_scratching_head.gif.b541836ec2811b6655a8e435f4c1b53a.gif jive.gif.035c4a81724c712198cdb1757d6fb926.gif

Guest Maj Millard

If you dish it out you have to be able to take it I suppose !.......and no, I'm not shaving my hairy legs for you either TP..........................................................................Maj...008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gifbabe.gif.538cdeac3b1a1b72d121d00509ec140e.gif

• 2 weeks later...