greetings from darwin

lyle janke

hi

my name is lyle i found this site on referral from another forum i live outof darwin so i have wanted to fly for some time now . i have a VH registered aircraft which has fallen by the wayside i can`t find lame`s to do annual inspections so i need to get rid of aircraft ( see classies) & buy something else. i have part PPL & lost interest in finishing now my plane cannot be serviced regularly

someone contact me & cheer me up with some good news e-mail : [email protected]

Hi Lyle, and 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif to the forum.

I`ve got plenty of good news for you! Recreational aviation is the way to go! Plenty of good aircraft available these days, new and used, it just depends on what you want and what your needs are.

If you only want to fly for the exhilaration and fun of flying, it`s doesn`t come much better than the Drifter. There is still some good pre loved WB (Wire Braced) Drifters around and you will be able to maintain it yourself, if you are able.

If you want something that`t a bit faster, keeps the wind out of your hair, then there are plenty of those as well.

You will need an RAA ( Recreational Aviation Australia ) pilot certificate with the appropiate endorsements and your on your way.

Frank.

hi frank

thanks for the welcome

i need too get rid of my current plane so i can then move sideways . i have joined our local club & have ridden in a variety of aircraft so am familiar with what is out there .

my dream was to fly the plane i bought @the time i thought i had made the right choice but lack of engineers have dashed my dreams of flying in soon ' my investment has turned in to nightmare & i can`t see where i`m going until something postive happens with my current situation

thats the good news i wait for

thanks lyle

Hi. I'm surprised that there is a lack of LAMES in Darwin. Where does the club get their planes serviced, or the Batchelor Gliding/Skydiving mob get their planes serviced? If I remember correctly, there was a recreational flying mob down near Humpty Doo. I am not sure of your age, I went to Nightcliffe High in 1972 albeit briefly, I returned a slap a teacher gave me, much to the delight of the class and thus ended that schooling. So, what have you been flying?

hi

there is a lack of LAME`S that want to do work for small private owners & most won`t consider kit planes i have done the rounds / waited only to be given the push hence the pedicament i`m in now my original LAME lives interstate & would be my only hope possibly but @ what cost ????????

if you have any solutions i`m willing to listen

i didn`t grow up local came for a holiday many years ago & stayed never went home . done some flying in Zenith / part PPl training in skipper & cess 172& piper , flown in thruster & jabiru member @ MKT airstrip

just need help resolving one problem & then move on

lyle

hi

i looked @ that option too but the plane is just too heavy. new weight category that was being proposed would have been the answer but i believe the idea was abandoned so no luck with that idea

thanks lyle

hi

is this the new RA-AUS limil proposal ???

i had heard that 600 or 750 kg was being considered & then shelved

this means my plane would now fit into the revised RA-AUS limit then i can get rid of the VH registration& re-build

This is the 'recreational pilot licence' that CASA are proposing. I doubt Ra-Aus has decided how to integrate these proposals yet, probably wait and see when / if it happens.

Don't hold your breath, it's CASA remember.... hey why not phone or email them, let us know what they tell you.

hi

i was just reading about this on the forum recently . all this means for me is i would be able to finish a part finished PPL licence & fly a plane i can`t get any one to do maintenance on

in reality i want a plane in a registration formula that i can easily get maintained all the time without constant hassles from non-existant LAME`S to get maintenance done

at the end of he day there is not enough LAME`S to do maintenance for the small guy in the aviation industry , as a comparision you can get a mechanic to work on what ever vehicle you have but try & get a LAME to work on what ever plane you have it is like pulling teeth without anesthetic ( painful )

dis-allusioned

lyle