The smaller version of Guernsey has landed

Herm

Hello all. Yep for those that know Guernsey will know that Her is a small island next to Guernsey. Well in short it ref to the fact that I am his Son (Alan that is).

So hello to all and hello Ian. Thanks Ian for you help with the cable a Natfly. I sorted out the sharp end of the deal and hope you received it all OK.

I currently fly an Airborne Trike and have been for the last 7 years. I have just gone back to 3 axis after my Brother in Law purchased a Morgan Sierra. Had the joy of flying it back from Natfly last week and had a great time doing so.

Well I look forward to reading and sharing on this forum.

Mardy

I currently fly an Airborne Trike and have been for the last 7 years. I have just gone back to 3 axis

Mardy

Hi Mardy,

I was willing to put up with you when you said you where a trike pilot but seriously mate...........gone back to 3 axis........ oh well welcome anyway

Regards Bill

• Like 1

I still have the trike! I just wanted to spread my wings, so to speak. I wanted to learn how to fly before I started flying in machines that do most of the work for you. I must say it is getting harder as I get older to do all the gear up thing on cold mornings before I fly. I am starting to wear long johns and singlets. Next I will be flying in my slippers LOL

Mardy

I still have the trike!I just wanted to spread my wings, so to speak. I wanted to learn how to fly before I started flying in machines that do most of the work for you. I must say it is getting harder as I get older to do all the gear up thing on cold mornings before I fly. I am starting to wear long johns and singlets. Next I will be flying in my slippers LOL

Mardy

O.K well that's alright then.

Just one thing though, if your that old - how old is Guernsey?

Guest Andys@coffs

but not at Gawler in SA over the coming months.......not if you want the toes to still be functional and not black :<)

Hey Mardy, how you going?

Andy

Hi Andy. Give me a call or text me your new number. Doing fine and just looking at buying my own 3 axis aircraft. I have been flying a Morgans Sierra. Looks like little Pete might be doing his 3 axis conversion also. Things have really changed at Gawler. Once I get a few more xcountry flights up my belt I will have to fly up your way some time. I hope you have been keeping well and having some good flying. I did look out at Temora in the hope you might have flown in. Big pete has purchased a Foxbat and your old hanger has all the trikes in it. Rob has been dealing in Foxbats so I am not the trike hub at Gawler.

Mardy

Hello all. Yep for those that know Guernsey will know that Her is a small island next to Guernsey. Well in short it ref to the fact that I am his Son (Alan that is).So hello to all and hello Ian. Thanks Ian for you help with the cable a Natfly. I sorted out the sharp end of the deal and hope you received it all OK.

I currently fly an Airborne Trike and have been for the last 7 years. I have just gone back to 3 axis after my Brother in Law purchased a Morgan Sierra. Had the joy of flying it back from Natfly last week and had a great time doing so.

Well I look forward to reading and sharing on this forum.

Mardy

Hi Mardy,

Welcome to the Forums! Glad you don't fly a cow like your dad...safer for those who might be walking underneath 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

All the best

Neil

O.K well that's alright then.Just one thing though, if your that old - how old is Guernsey?

Mardy is almost 51 and the Old Cow is nearly 73.037_yikes.gif.f44636559f7f2c4c52637b7ff2322907.gif

Good to have you on the Forum at last Son, but I'm not sure if the site can handle a double dose of our sense of humour. 033_scratching_head.gif.b541836ec2811b6655a8e435f4c1b53a.gif.

For other forumites just do a Google search of Herm Island in the Channel Islands, it is an absolutely beautiful unspoilt island which is probably why Martin used Herm as his forum name. (Beautiful and unspoilt) 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif.

Alan.

• Like 1

Mardy is almost 51 and the Old Cow is nearly 73.037_yikes.gif.f44636559f7f2c4c52637b7ff2322907.gifGood to have you on the Forum at last Son, but I'm not sure if the site can handle a double dose of our sense of humour. 033_scratching_head.gif.b541836ec2811b6655a8e435f4c1b53a.gif.

For other forumites just do a Google search of Herm Island in the Channel Islands, it is an absolutely beautiful unspoilt island which is probably why Martin used Herm as his forum name. (Beautiful and unspoilt) 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif.

Alan.

I am sure I speak for most forumites when I say that your sense of humour is most welcome.

Regards, Bob

Guest Andys@coffs
Mardy is almost 51 and the Old Cow is nearly 73.037_yikes.gif.f44636559f7f2c4c52637b7ff2322907.gifGood to have you on the Forum at last Son, but I'm not sure if the site can handle a double dose of our sense of humour. 033_scratching_head.gif.b541836ec2811b6655a8e435f4c1b53a.gif.

Alan.

Strewth Alan, I didnt realise you had two sons called Mardy.....and to be at such opposites..... When thinking of words to describe the Mardy I know,"beautiful and unspoilt" hardly come to mind :amazon:pretty much proving the rule like father like son na_na.gif.fad5d8f0b336d92dbd4b3819d01d62e5.gif

Andy

Strewth Alan, I didnt realise you had two sons called Mardy.....and to be at such opposites..... When thinking of words to describe the Mardy I know,"beautiful and unspoilt" hardly come to mind :amazon:pretty much proving the rule like father like son na_na.gif.fad5d8f0b336d92dbd4b3819d01d62e5.gifAndy

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all parents think their kids are beautifull.baby.gif.168ad10e40c5845c810810951ae4106c.gif011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif.

Just check out my Avatar Cow with its beautiful smile and its lovely long eye lashes.babe.gif.538cdeac3b1a1b72d121d00509ec140e.gif

Alan.

Well I picked herm as a name as it is a small little rock that people dump thier rubbish on.. What do you think Andy. does that fit the Mardy You know. Speaking of little rocks, that's what I thought was going to be launched at me when I told the wife I was looking at a Jabiru. That goodness stoning is no loner allowed!

Guest Andys@coffs
Well I picked herm as a name as it is a small little rock that people dump thier rubbish on.. What do you think Andy. does that fit the Mardy You know..........

Nope not at all :<)In terms of aircraft....what ever works for each of us........

BTW... I hope nobody took me seriously...I was just pokin fun....cause I could

Andy

Don't worry Andy, nothing wrong with pokin fun. I just can't think of anything to poke at you at this stage. But standby as sooner or later something will come to mind LOL

Guest Andys@coffs

Its always the problem with forums cant see the body language and I was worried that I had offended....

BTW if Denise ws worried by a Jabby ....then why are you flying behind the only part of a jabby that worries people...the powerplant.......Also with the number of jabby aircraft around Im sure someone will test their strength in that critical phase of flight called threading the ferris wheel sooner or latter and then we can both truely compare one against the other........(just jokin again....)

Andy

Nope not at all :<)In terms of aircraft....what ever works for each of us........

BTW... I hope nobody took me seriously...I was just pokin fun....cause I could

Andy

Andy I am not in the least worried about having people poke fun at me and I am sure Mardy isn't either.

To my knowledge I have never met you so I can't dig up anything to stir you up with but I will keep digging. stretcher.gif.b5405e56385022b0c281bce09d6ac829.gif.

Alan.008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif.

Guest Andys@coffs

Alan

We have met, Mardy and I shared a Hangar at Gawler, and Little Pete and Mardy ended up buying my share out when I moved from SA. I met you a few times about 6 to 7yrs back at Truro where you had a Tyro as I recall. I was flying trikes exclusively back then.

Andy

AlanWe have met, Mardy and I shared a Hangar at Gawler, and Little Pete and Mardy ended up buying my share out when I moved from SA. I met you a few times about 6 to 7yrs back at Truro where you had a Tyro as I recall. I was flying trikes exclusively back then.

Andy

I knew about the hangar situation but had never met you at the hangar but didn't realise that we had met at Truro. I usually forget the 'good looking' guys, it's the ugly buggers I tend to remember. Now that I know you flew Trikes and also three axis, that puts you into the upper echelons of the flying fraternity. It looks as though Martin will be joining you in the very near future but I will let him tell you all about that.

Alan.