Vision / Thruster

Does any body know of a 'Vision' (really a Thruster) nose wheel aircraft in Victoria ? I am thinking of buying a newie, and would like to hear from anybody with experience of this machine, and ideally get a closer look at one.

• Like 1

Does any body know of a 'Vision' (really a Thruster) nose wheel aircraft in Victoria ? I am thinking of buying a newie, and would like to hear from anybody with experience of this machine, and ideally get a closer look at one.

Just wondering if you would have an idea of the costs involved in landing one here... ?

I reckon it is a great shame they aren't available locally...

There's one in Goulburn NSW. Owner would most likely be very happy for you to have a fly. It doesn't get out much anymore although used to be on-line at Goulburn Aviation flying school for many years. Powered by a Jabiru engine also and in very good shape - recent new wing covers and well looked after.

There's a rather long and interesting story about the very few Visions that landed here if I remember - I did look it up once. They were licensed under an overseas standard that had no counterpart here and as such they had a lot of trouble getting them registered in Australia I thought? The three or so that are around managed to slip through a loophole at the time that quickly closed. Love to hear the true story if that one's way off.

Guest ozzie

poor Mr Marlo spent so much time and money trying to get them here. Seemed pretty stupid and i would suspect some politics involved. Pretty interesting story about how they (TST Thruster) got to England in the first place.

Just wondering if you would have an idea of the costs involved in landing one here... ?I reckon it is a great shame they aren't available locally...

They are working out a budget for me, I will let you know - The high Aussie dollar is helping some people !