3 X mystry Lightwings over Shute harbour ????.......

Guest Maj Millard

Guest Maj Millard

Spotted what looked like three Lightwings passing over Shute harbour Airport around noon today (29th), headed North. Anybody know anything about them ??...They were high but sure looked like Lightwings and the one I could hear sounded 912 powered.

Gee I don't know if I've ever seen three together before in the air !..I only know of two in this area and I know mine was in the hangar. Either way they would have had about 20 kts up their behinds today so I can understand them not stopping !!........................................................Maj...047_freaked.gif.8ed0ad517b0740d5ec95a319c864c7e3.gif

Doug you beat me too it. Hans, Rodger and Dags were up that way yesterday a on there way to the Gulf on a two week fishing trip in the Savannah's and a 701. Gundy

Guest Maj Millard

Yes could have been Savannah...quite high and only got a fleeting glance......................................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

May have been Savaana Maj there was a group heading up to port headland 3 i think Bright orange a yellow one & I think a white one !

I thought Port Headland was in WA?

Guest Maj Millard

Who cares...the bastards are heading North to go bloody fishing !!!......while we have to work...............Maj...087_sorry.gif.8f9ce404ad3aa941b2729edb25b7c714.gif

Guest Maj Millard

They are not bad those Savannas, they looked to be going fast like a Lightwing....but then they would have had 20 Kts up their kazoo...........................................................Maj...087_sorry.gif.8f9ce404ad3aa941b2729edb25b7c714.gif 033_scratching_head.gif.b541836ec2811b6655a8e435f4c1b53a.gif

Gundy left for Monto last year in his Savvy as I was doing my preflight. I think it is 51 miles. I cruised at 100 kts and we both arrived at the same time Time difference about 5 minutes.