1st Formation Takeoff

AeroGirl

After the reaction to my previous video, and posts I have been agonising over if to post this here or not, but anyways, here it is, my first ever formation takeoff. I have flown in formation once before with my instructor, but did not do the takeoff, but for this flight I was in control for the entire formation portion of the flight (which then went on to the first lesson for my spin endorsement and the now infamous video thread).

Anyways, without further ado, here it is, my first formation takeoff.

• Like 10

Awesome, great stuff!

Thanks for sharing! 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

Here's a bit of formation stuff that I've had the opportunity to experience. 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

• Like 2

Guest pookemon

Great Video Sally (again) - lucky you...! Do you have 3D video of your Spinning in the Clouds? (I presume that's a 3D GoPro behind you in the above video).

Thanks. Yes that is a 3D GoPro setup behind me, unfortunately only one of the cameras actually recorded video that day, which is a shame. We only just got the 3D kit and are still working out the best placement for it. I got 3D footage in the next flight I did (which was last Sunday and was also a spinning lesson), but it was not that great cause it was too close to the back of my head, so there was issues with convergence. Hopefully we can find a good placement for the 3D kit on my next flight.

• Like 1