Radio and headset for a trike

Hello,

I'm looking at buying a trike and I have a bit of a dilemma as to what radio and headsets to get for it?

Is it worth going with the Microair and Lynx from Airborne?

From looking at the Vertex 220 radio for example it seems to have really small buttons, which may be a bit hard to operate in the trike.

I've seen the headset discussions in other parts of this forum, but they mostly relate to GA headsets.

So I'd appreciate any advice about the headsets and radios that you use.

Go for the Airborne combo. It works really well and is low noise. Airborne has spent years looking for a good radio combo and this is a good one. I have nothing to do with airborne, but have been making antenna systems for trikes for years. The Vertex is a great radio, but then you need to match a good intercom to it. This is where the fun begins..

Hope I have been some help

Mardy

I had an Airborne trike with the Microair/Lynx combo. It worked well, but I found the headsets uncomfortable to wear for long(ish) periods under a helmet. Also, the Lynx system uses non-standard connectors so you can't use your headset if you go flying in a mate's airplane. I had the Rev.P Microair radio in my trike which worked well, but I know a couple of people who had problems with the Rev.Q radios. They may have sorted the problems out now as this was a couple of years ago.

Hello,I'm looking at buying a trike and I have a bit of a dilemma as to what radio and headsets to get for it?

Is it worth going with the Microair and Lynx from Airborne?

From looking at the Vertex 220 radio for example it seems to have really small buttons, which may be a bit hard to operate in the trike.

I've seen the headset discussions in other parts of this forum, but they mostly relate to GA headsets.

So I'd appreciate any advice about the headsets and radios that you use.

I have Used a few Radio coms Combinations, and I've found that you cant beat the Air Magic Com, With the V-Rabbit Antenna For Trikes, Matched with First, the Vertex Radio as this system was Married at an early stage during its Development, But equally with the Icom A22 Radios. Give them some consideration before commiting yourself.

I agree with Herb, go with the Airborne combo.

If you need to use it in a GA type mates plane you can get an adapter to suit and it works a treat.

Early micro air models had a few issues but later ones seem fine. If there are problems they are normally easily and quickly fixed usually at reasonable cost if out of warrantee by returning unit to micro air in Qld.