Door pockets for Jabiru Sk 2.2 where can I get them

Herm

I have seen a few Jabs with better door pockets than supplied by the factory. I have seen some nice box style that seem better than a net or vinyl type. each time I ask where the got them, they say thet came with the plane??

Any help would be great

Mardy

I don't know if I am referring to what you have specifically seen but some have a plastic box type pocket about 8"long by 4" high by about 2" deep. They attach to the wall carpet with velcro.

If that is what you are referring to it is a kitchen cabnet tidy box from a hardware store eg Bunnings.

I use them for side pockets in the cargo area.

I have seen them come with new A/C.

FrankM

I have seen a few Jabs with better door pockets than supplied by the factory. I have seen some nice box style that seem better than a net or vinyl type. each time I ask where the got them, they say thet came with the plane??Any help would be great

Mardy

Try going to a auto salvage yard, one where you can walk around in amongst the wrecks and find a pair you like. The ones on my wifes' 78 series landcruiser wagon would suit but I don't think there are too many of those around.

Regards Bill

Mardy,

We have aluminium checkerplate that goes across the inside of the door.

1. It gives you 2 nice pockets

2. If you accidently kick it with your foot getting in and out, you don't damage it.

3. Looks real nice. 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

-Linda

Mardy,We have aluminium checkerplate that goes across the inside of the door.

1. It gives you 2 nice pockets

2. If you accidently kick it with your foot getting in and out, you don't damage it.

3. Looks real nice. 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

-Linda

Any photos?? How thick is your checkerplate and how did you secure it to the fibreglass door.

Alan.

Had a quick look and haven't got a good clear picture of the door pockets, but it is 1.6 aluminium checker and it goes the full length of the door, the front section is about the same height as a standard pocket from jabiru and then the back section is made about half the height of the front. It is attached by pop rivets, the ones that expand on the back when they are compressed to give maximum spread on the inside of the door frame.

Alan, have a look on our video that we made and you can see it on pax side.

http://www.recreationalflying.com/media/jabiru-j160-flight-from-ybss-to-yblt.186/

-Linda

Seen the same thing made from pre made glass sheet (can buy from Jabiru) cut to fit and trimmed up with matching carpet

Need to be a bit careful how much weight you put in there , especially rear compartment, door hinges arent that strong.

Pocket.jpg.f11c851766368514d570b9dffd35d9bb.jpg

Mardy

This is a pic of the pocket I was referring to. The others discussed sound better, but for what it is worth here is the picture. Cost only a couple of dollars [can't remember exactly] Simple but useful.

FrankM

[ATTACH=full]18035[/ATTACH]Mardy

This is a pic of the pocket I was referring to. The others discussed sound better, but for what it is worth here is the picture. Cost only a couple of dollars [can't remember exactly] Simple but useful.

FrankM

Thanks Frank. I will be looking at Bunnings for sure.. I need them for on the doors as I dont have all the nice room you have in your 230. lucky bugger...