Nieuport Build

Bozz,

Sorry for the delay in replying, under 95.55 Sect 1.2(e) the only inspection required is the builders pre-flight final inspection which is witnessed by an L-4 inspector. Note the inspector is only signing to say he witnessed the builder conduct the checks, the builder remains responsible for the airworthiness of the build. Having said that, its is hgihly recommended that a pre-covering inspection is done by an L-2 or higher to inspect worksmanship, fittings, construction etc. This is covered in the RAA Tech Manual Sect 3.3.1, also in a couple of docs I can PM you if you want (I scanned them but they are to big to post here).

Phil

• 1 month later...

Good idea with the rudder pedals Pete, the rudder bar in the other NP, whilst authentic, just feels awful.

Was that an option in the plans or something you came up with..?

JG

The rudder peddles were part of the package I bought off Andy. I think it is a Robert Baslee set up as it also had the control stick, aileron linkages, pushrods and push/pull tubes for the elevators.I just need to chase up some aileron belcranks for the top wing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok...........Top wing joined and sitting on cabane struts. Why is it that even when you measure, calculate. and then cut the parts when you go to set it all up it still doesnt go right ? Everything was set upto have a 2deg incedence but I still need to cut more out of the rear cabanes to get it lower. Not happy with the rear wing mount either so I will make another. No worries......just a few more hours on to the build time.

IMG_2096.JPG.a32b150e1749032346b39018ae0c1e9b.JPG

IMG_2099.JPG.889440efd518c79b7251288ee5f4ed99.JPG

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

LH bottom wing now in place. I was setting up incidence, dihedral and sweep tonight and was trying to figure out how to set the sweep when the fuselage is bowed in the mounting area. :puzzled:Dopey me.............the top wing has a 5deg sweep and the spars mount up in line with each other. Just drop a weighted string line down from the top spar and line up the bottom one. All it took was an hour of head scratching. Now I'll spend half the night pulling splinters out of my fingers.

I will endevour to post some pics tomorrow.

• 5 weeks later...