Sierra 100

Can anyone help with any remarks on the Morgan Sierra 100. Looks good on the web site but so do many others. I have read all of the reports I can find so far. Just any reviews or especially personal experiences. Also if anyone would have any ideas on the price of a second hand low hour aircraft. Any comments on the fact of no flaps would also be helpful. Thanks.

If you check on the Morgan Aeroworks Forum (on this forum) you will find a great deal of information and personal experiences.

Regarding flaps they are not absolutely necessary however they are very useful ( we have them on ours).

Give Gary Morgan a call as he always has second hand aircraft available.

Alan Marriette.

446054701_MorganS0.jpg.e931d92cc4f383102a67de1825fe9145.jpg

Both the Sierra 100 and 200 that Garry is selling have flaps.

My Cheetah doesn't, and doesn't need them.

The general recommendation for Morgan aircraft is as I said in the reply to your PM.

In fact, I met a woman the other day who told her husband he could only buy an airplane if it was designed and built by Garry.

He now owns Garry's original Cheetah.

Garry's planes rock (ferris wheels).

• Like 1

Thanks Slartibartfast. Great name. One of my favourite books. Thanks for all your help. I don't know about you but I am not rich nor do I know much about most aircraft. Yes I want to buy a plane of my own but I want to be able to make an informed decision when I do. I flew in a FK9 on the weekend. Great plane and very expensive but I found I would have huge issues because 1 the seats are rated at 100 kg and I weigh 114 kg, plus I felt like a tuna trying to fit into a sardine can. I went down to Aldinga to try a Sports Star only to be told that the plane is only rated to a max pilot of 100kg. Unfortunately there are issues I have to deal with and any plane will eventually come down to a compromise between dream and reality. I really enjoy flying the Jab 170 but I like the idea of a low wing after flying Gliders. And before anyone states the obvious yes I am working on loosing weight, but my shoulders won't get any narrower. I am happy to keep shopping until the right plane comes along and I assure of one thing there won't be any shortage of planes for sale in this economy.

Guernsey are you at Gawler? If so I would love to be able to have a look at your aircraft if that was possible one weekend. Hopefully I am flying Friday afternoon.

I appreciate the wealth of knowledge available on this site and the help and generosity of the users. I hope one day I know enough to be able to help someone in return. Another good film. Pay It Forward

Thanks Slartibartfast. Great name. One of my favourite books. Thanks for all your help. I don't know about you but I am not rich nor do I know much about most aircraft. Yes I want to buy a plane of my own but I want to be able to make an informed decision when I do. I flew in a FK9 on the weekend. Great plane and very expensive but I found I would have huge issues because 1 the seats are rated at 100 kg and I weigh 114 kg, plus I felt like a tuna trying to fit into a sardine can. I went down to Aldinga to try a Sports Star only to be told that the plane is only rated to a max pilot of 100kg. Unfortunately there are issues I have to deal with and any plane will eventually come down to a compromise between dream and reality. I really enjoy flying the Jab 170 but I like the idea of a low wing after flying Gliders. And before anyone states the obvious yes I am working on loosing weight, but my shoulders won't get any narrower. I am happy to keep shopping until the right plane comes along and I assure of one thing there won't be any shortage of planes for sale in this economy.Guernsey are you at Gawler? If so I would love to be able to have a look at your aircraft if that was possible one weekend. Hopefully I am flying Friday afternoon.

I appreciate the wealth of knowledge available on this site and the help and generosity of the users. I hope one day I know enough to be able to help someone in return. Another good film. Pay It Forward

My plane is in the same hangar as the Morgan at the moment. It's a family use aircraft, but as you know I have just finished a Jabiru. I have my own hangar at Gawler and I have a trike in it along with 4 others. If you look in the second row and see the hangar with all trikes in it you will find me. I would be happy to show you the Morgan, or my Father will (Guernsey). I am looking at being at the airfield this Sat Arvo.

Mardy

My plane is in the same hangar as the Morgan at the moment. It's a family use aircraft, but as you know I have just finished a Jabiru. I have my own hangar at Gawler and I have a trike in it along with 4 others. If you look in the second row and see the hangar with all trikes in it you will find me. I would be happy to show you the Morgan, or my Father will (Guernsey). I am looking at being at the airfield this Sat Arvo.

Mardy

Thank you for the kind offer. Unfortunately I will only be at the field this Friday and again next Friday. I will definately drop in one day and introduce myself. I had a great chat to Jab170 at the field last weekend. I really want my own plane but this GFC is making business bad at the moment and I am a little gun shy to commit. There is also no hangar space at Gawler at the moment I am told.

I too like the Sierra - they are a very slick aircraft. Overall I think most people are happy with them - I havent seen too much in the way of complaints? (Am I correct in saying this??) Looking at one in Newcastle this Saturday so would be keen to hear of any issues to watch out for and advice on what to do when buying..... it has 200 hrs on the air frame and a 450 hour Jab 2.2...... any comments??

Like many such aircraft, build quality can vary enormously. The jab motor seems to suit them as they have a higher aispeed than many, and cool well. Take your time to make this decision. get around, and learn as much as possible about all of them, particularly if your budget is limited . It is difficult to rectify a rough aircraft. Have someone independant, who knows the type, inspect any prospective purchase. It's money well spent...Nev

Thanks Nev - plan was to look first, secure with deposit if it presented well and then have it all hang on a LAME pre-purchase inspection.... I suspect finding the money and aircraft will be easy - finding a LAME to do the inspection might be more difficult!

• 3 weeks later...