Cairns Area,Flight Training!

farri

Hi Everyone! Ian and Darren Jones have given me permission to start this thread.

Mr Darren Jones, lives in the Cairns area of NTH QLD. I know Darren very well as he was a `Far North Queensland Ultralight Association` member and one of my students, way back when I was instructing on behalf of the FNQUA, so that makes it 19 years.

Darren had already obtained a PPL before coming to me, to learn to fly the Drifter,so as to obtain his AUF pilot certificate. Over the years he has flow many different types. He also has owned and flown these aircraft in this order. Trike, Drifter, Thruster and the Rans RS12. These days he also flies a Beaver amphibian and a Cessna 206.

Darren will conduct flight training in the Cairns area and can be contacted,either by Email or phone.

For more information, Email: [email protected] Phone: 0432575824

You can also take a look here http://www.raa.asn.au/school/sunbird-airsport/

This is Darren with the aircraft he will instruct in.

978226697_DarrenSportStar1.(Small).jpg.eb35eafad2ec138f057874745218b1e0.jpg

Darren-bmp.jpg.ba760481c806a039920d8f82207054c1.jpg

I took these photos yesterday,when Darren was on my home strip. I`d never been in or flown a low wing AC, so Darren took me flying. Any questions,ask away,I will answer if I can.

Frank.

ben, I agree that it`s great news, as well as needed! I only became aware of what Darren was doing these days, when out of the blue he flew in here yesterday.

Darren is the best guy to ask about the aircraft hire and flight training but he told me it may be Atherton aerodrome.

Frank.

Just got off the phone from him for a "quick" Chat (20 od min) and he is a very ice guy, turns out that i would have met him before at the SAAA. He will be doing private hire which is awesome!! And he said that he is quite flexible with the strip but said Tolga would be base. So glad to see someone doing private hire in FNQ!

Guest Maj Millard

I remember Darren from a few years back when he was flying the Rans S12 . Had his young daughter with him on a cross-country as I recall..............................................................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

• 2 months later...

Im in Cairns, north QLD.

Looking at converting some GA experience into a RA licence.

Is there many people up here offering training?

Would also be interested in speaking to anyone who is building a aircraft?

thanks.