Flying school out of Katoomba?

Guest nunans
its definitely not the "fun" I had envisioned when i first started daydreaming about sitting in a chair in the sky lol :-)

If you want "fun" maybe you should consider a tail dragger!!

Katoomba is still open - and there are some privately owned a/c there - including a really nice J230. I think Rod Hayes is closed temporarily - but call him and ask.

Bathurst is another option for RA training... About 1/3rd of our current students travel up from Sydney - do 2 sessions in a day typically. Generally better weather than the coast and enough aircraft for private hire once students have their Pilot Certificate...

Its a pretty long drive from Winston Hills too, that's kinda why I've been going out of Bankstown. I'll have to pose this to my instructor this weekend and see what he says... I am all for getting more experience in whatever form it takes, but having to pay for 2 extra hours for each hour of solo would tend to push things back in the overall scheme of things... must be a way around that. See now this is where having my own plane would help :)

I lived very close to Schofields Aerodrome for many years. The "powers-that-be" should never have closed that airstrip.

A city the size of Sydney really needed that additional aerodrome.

I lived very close to Schofields Aerodrome for many years. The "powers-that-be" should never have closed that airstrip.A city the size of Sydney really needed that additional aerodrome.

Yep that's the aerodrome I went to as a kid to see airshows-i now live close-ish to it (again) and have to control myself lest I get upset!! What a tragedy

Unfortunately the plans for development of Schoies is advanced-some (very little) of the airfield will be retained as recreation reserve.

Of course that school in Bankstown talked about here used to be in uncontrolloed airspace at Hoxtons, butthey were forced to move when that too was closed and sold off by the "powers" just 4 years ago. Ah Sydney :(