Rans S-6ES COyote

dreamy

Just wondering what this aircraft is like and is there any in Australia to look at ?

There's one owned by our local flying club in Masterton New Zealand and the people I speak to reckon "it's a dream to fly".

We have one in the hanger (in France so not much use to you) and I'm told it's an excellent machine and very simple to maintain.

The wing covers are factory made as slide on "socks" and only need tensioning. There seems to be quite a bit of leg and shoulder room too.

Hope that helps.

Hi Dreamy, I have a complete kit including a Rotax 912UL 80hp engine in my hangar at Bundaberg.

I will put aircraft together when I finish my contract (Jun 13) up here in Kununurra.

There are a few Rans in Aus but there is currently NO rep here although there is no real requirement as most people deal direct with Rans.

They are probably the most popular ultralight aircraft in NZ. http://www.caa.govt.nz/Script/Air_Mod.asp and check Rans alphabetically in the list.

Cheers

Hi Dreamy, I have a complete kit including a Rotax 912UL 80hp engine in my hangar at Bundaberg.I will put aircraft together when I finish my contract (Jun 13) up here in Kununurra.

There are a few Rans in Aus but there is currently NO rep here although there is no real requirement as most people deal direct with Rans.

They are probably the most popular ultralight aircraft in NZ. http://www.caa.govt.nz/Script/Air_Mod.asp and check Rans alphabetically in the list.

Cheers

I have been told that they're popular here, an estimate is that there are "about fifty" flying in Enzed which is pretty impressive for a single type. Here is a pic of the one owned by the local aero club (note that NZ "microlight" aircraft are issued ZK-xxx registrations, joining the register along with B-747s, DC-3s and Quicksilvers ...there's no distinction):

169800547_IMG_70691.JPG.7a83a8805994bae35f2077c77c9917f7.JPG

I have been told that they're popular here, an estimate is that there are "about fifty" flying in Enzed which is pretty impressive for a single type. Here is a pic of the one owned by the local aero club (note that NZ "microlight" aircraft are issued ZK-xxx registrations, joining the register along with B-747s, DC-3s and Quicksilvers ...there's no distinction): quote]

My kit has the "optional" GA style engine cowl and Instrument panel along with dual brakes and the larger bush tyres otherwise similar to the pix posted above by eightyknots.

I think it is ONLY Aus that has a different register for the ultralights. USA, Canada, UK and others just use the standard civil register. Aircraft are then classed as single or dual seat Microlight / Ultralights. Pilots still hold a Pilots Certificate issued by an organisation similar to RAAus. I think NZ has two organisations certified by NZCAA that look after this side of things.

Cheers

...I think it is ONLY Aus that has a different register for the ultralights....

France identifies microlights differently too. We have a registration number (ex. 85ND) and then a radio callsign which IS the same format as the standard registrations (ex F-JHAX)

Hey thanks for replys 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif pic looks good, nice aircraft, may ask if it be ok to look at your plane ave8rr down the track if thats ok, i like the new additions to aircraft next march it seems, thinking tail dragger and will try and get info on importing it .

As u can see to my computer skills are very basic so i!m trying and feeling my way as i try to use this 067_bash.gif.26fb8516c20ce4d7842b820ac15914cf.gif

Hey thanks for replys 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif pic looks good, nice aircraft, may ask if it be ok to look at your plane ave8rr down the track if thats ok, i like the new additions to aircraft next march it seems, thinking tail dragger and will try and get info on importing it .As u can see to my computer skills are very basic so i!m trying and feeling my way as i try to use this 067_bash.gif.26fb8516c20ce4d7842b820ac15914cf.gif

You may want to ring these fellow in Enzed, perhaps they can get one to Oz without too much trouble: http://www.realflying.co.nz/eastcanterbury/aircraft.php

The late Dick Nell (RIP) had one here in Goulburn for many years - his "daily driver" essentially. It was relocated to a strip outside of town after the new airport lessee tried to charge him $7500 for the right to pull it out of his hanger a short time ago. It will probably be out that way for a while now as the strip was described by Dick himself as "marginal" and there's probably not many around with a skillset such as his to get it out again safely...

It was nicknamed "Magpie" and was a very nice looking aircraft indeed.

• Like 1