Just joined to report another Jabiru nosewheel problem

popuppete1

Hi, I have a 10 year old Jabiru UL450 with low hours and the yellow nosewheel shock absorber self- destructed in the hanger. The machine is kept at Montpezat in the Lot-et-Garonne, France and the engineer ordered parts from Paris and replaced the crumbled yellow part with the new red equivalent.

I was just lucky that the prop is always left in the horizontal position and there was therefore no prop damage when the nosewheel collapsed. I was even more lucky that it did not happen on take-off or landing or on pre-take-off power checks as has been the case with some less fortunate fellow aviators.

It is inconceivable that Jabiru has not issued a SB to all operators despite being aware of the problem for some time.

Kind regards

Popuppete1

Hi, I have a 10 year old Jabiru UL450 with low hours and the yellow nosewheel shock absorber self- destructed in the hanger. The machine is kept at Montpezat in the Lot-et-Garonne, France and the engineer ordered parts from Paris and replaced the crumbled yellow part with the new red equivalent.I was just lucky that the prop is always left in the horizontal position and there was therefore no prop damage when the nosewheel collapsed. I was even more lucky that it did not happen on take-off or landing or on pre-take-off power checks as has been the case with some less fortunate fellow aviators.

It is inconceivable that Jabiru has not issued a SB to all operators despite being aware of the problem for some time.

Kind regards

Popuppete1

098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif to the Forum!

I am happy for you that this failure happened in the hangar not during a takeoff, landing or whilst taxiing!! Your sharing this may prompt other decade-old Jabiru owners to do some checking themselves. Thanks for alerting the Jab people here (and there are quite a few on this Forum).

• Like 1