Just Joined

shu77

Hi Everyone

I've been reading these forums for the past few weeks and thought I would take a moment to introduce myself. I'm Dan, I'm currently Sydney based. I started flying GA on Tomahawks back in the 90's and got as far as Area Solo. After a 16 year break I got back into RA-Aus earlier this year. I've been flying J-170's to date (which I've found to be a great little plane) and completed my certificate along with Nav & Pax endorsements at the start of last week.

At the moment I'm looking for an aircraft on the NSW Central coast to rent and am thinking of converting to the Tecnam P2002. I'd be interested in any insights into the pros and cons of the Tecnam over the Jabiru.

• Like 1

Hi EveryoneI've been reading these forums for the past few weeks and thought I would take a moment to introduce myself. I'm Dan, I'm currently Sydney based. I started flying GA on Tomahawks back in the 90's and got as far as Area Solo. After a 16 year break I got back into RA-Aus earlier this year. I've been flying J-170's to date (which I've found to be a great little plane) and completed my certificate along with Nav & Pax endorsements at the start of last week.

At the moment I'm looking for an aircraft on the NSW Central coast to rent and am thinking of converting to the Tecnam P2002. I'd be interested in any insights into the pros and cons of the Tecnam over the Jabiru.

Welcome Dan,

May I ask why after the break you didn't decide to continue with GA lessons as you were in the 90's? Or maybe I should ask the other way, ie. when you initially started in the tomahawks did you give any consideration to flying ultralights maybe learning in a thruster or similar?

Enjoy the forums and the frienship,

Scott

Welcome Dan. If you're hiring, then I'd say rent and fly anything you can. The more types you fly, the more proficient you'll be IMHO. Having said that, I'm in the process of buying a Tecnam, having done most of my flying on various Jabs. No argument with the Jabs, but the Tecnam is really nice to fly.

I actually started originally with Cadets. Flying was good but I ended up going off to army Reserves and then it got slightly expensive.

When I started looking into it a couple years ago and found how far the ultralight industry had come, flyin a jabiru seemed to tick all the boxes for me while being quite a bit cheaper than a Cessna. I'm actually quite looking forward to the tecnam now so thanks for the feedback Gnome.

Hi EveryoneI've been reading these forums for the past few weeks and thought I would take a moment to introduce myself. I'm Dan, I'm currently Sydney based. I started flying GA on Tomahawks back in the 90's and got as far as Area Solo. After a 16 year break I got back into RA-Aus earlier this year. I've been flying J-170's to date (which I've found to be a great little plane) and completed my certificate along with Nav & Pax endorsements at the start of last week.