Changing a tube ...

ianboag

It seems that Jabiru owners face this problem now and again. I know that I do, and the other two Jab owners on the field here are no strangers to the problem. One of them made a dinky little stand that makes wheel removal/refitting very simple. I have one now. It's not copyright. Dimensions are not critical - the vertical bit just needs to be long enough to get the wheel off the ground. The bottom bit needs to be an H or the whole thing will just roll outboard. The top cross-piece is a bit of box with one side cut off and the remaining U opened out enough that the undercarriage leg just drops in it.

Easy enough to carry with you - to use it just lift the wingtip and get the help to slide it in. Too easy.

Sorry about the pic quality - iPhone in a dim hangar .....

Perhaps Jab could sell this as a factory spare :-)

IB

1785871738_Jablegstand1.jpg.4dbd5156458d6bf9bee7ec0c1bea37b2.jpg

51942726_Jablegstand2.jpg.ee80a56d26186dacfcbfb1d8fac9a74d.jpg

• Like 2

Ian

This concept reminds me of the stand i use for my motorcross bike. You slide it under the bike then stand on an arm that jacks the bike up. The linkages go over centre so it stays up.

Maybe this could be incorporated into you design so you can do this on your own if the situation came up.

Also to keep the weight down aluminium could be an alternative.

Great idea Ian.

Safe Flying

JabSP6

• Like 1

I need a setup which lets you do this when by yourself, seen a few attempts but not many very successfulJabjack from RSA looks good but freight kill it

The help needed with this one is one person slides it under the end of the leg while the other lifts the wingtip. I'm 67 and no Charles Atlas and can handle the "lift the wingtip" bit on my J160 with no difficulty.

Yes it would be lighter in aluminium ....

Now that I think about it, you could probably make something that met the "solo operation" constraint by hacking an ordinary car scissor jack - $5 at your local wrecker.

IanThis concept reminds me of the stand i use for my motorcross bike. You slide it under the bike then stand on an arm that jacks the bike up. The linkages go over centre so it stays up.

Maybe this could be incorporated into you design so you can do this on your own if the situation came up.

Also to keep the weight down aluminium could be an alternative.

Great idea Ian.

Safe Flying

JabSP6

I have one of those bike stands.Very handy

From what I have seen it seems there are two different categories of Jab owners. Some have had a flat away from home, and others have not had one yet :-) This little doofer has been pretty handy ......

• Like 1

Ive had plenty of flats, for some reason almost always when no one else is around. Getting it onto a block by your self isnt much fun. Either is pumping up the repaired tyre.

An old option is to reinflate flat tyre (usually they will hold air), put block of wood under strut, then dig small hole under it as it goes down.

Anyone used those CO2 cylinders for inflation?

The help needed with this one is one person slides it under the end of the leg while the other lifts the wingtip. I'm 67 and no Charles Atlas and can handle the "lift the wingtip" bit on my J160.

Jabiru don't recommend lifting wing by wingtip .

Bob