Ok so no simple online area briefings anymore cause NAIPs has changed

Guest Andys@coffs

Now if we stop the extremism...

Anyone who sits there and says "Well I will just get it en-route cause I'm too lazy to log in" needs to have a long hard think about this. I think taking this route IS indeed a deliberate move to reduce air safety.

Too Lazy?.. Whos extremist now?. I posted that when I couldn't log on at all.. Too lazy? Where'd ya get that from? You think I didnt try to logon? Hand off it shags...

This is a deliberate move to reduce air safety.In the past all one needed to do was google say, Area 30 NOTAM and it was all there.

It is airservices fault that many more will now fly without having accessed the NOTAMS.

Safety info should be easy to find.

Airservices has failed.

Also Nong, is it really safe to just google Area 30 NOTAM? How can you be sure you were reading the latest one? Is this in the best interests of safety?

Just some food for thought. I'm pretty sure AIP doesn't list Google as a sufficient source for pre-flight briefings.

Guest Andys@coffs

Shags

Googling the info doesnt give you the info that was there when the robots went over the site some time in the past, rather it says Hmm he wants an area briefing for are 20 and I know that can be found here http://www.airservicesaustralia.com/brief/html.asp?/cgi-bin/avreq?area=20 so lets redirect him to that site.

The redirection gets the very latest info available. If that wasnt the case you wouldnt see the current screen that you get saying "sorry we turned this off, for something eminently more complicated go here".....

So as an anolgy if you use a catalogue system in a library to find a book you then go and get the book to read. You dont read the card expecting it to have the entire books info....

There are ways to use google and have it render exactly what was on the site when the robots last went over it, but that is usually used only when for whatever reason the source site is not available (off line) and even then its very clear on the page that its a copy rather than the original and I'd guess that only a very small percentage of internet users are aware that type of functionality is available....

So, your comment that "AIP doesn't list Google as a sufficient source for pre-flight briefings" is true and we were fully compliant against its requirements.

I may have overplayed the emotion, to be honest it didnt really impact me yesterday, but I'll bet there were a shedload of Qantas, Jetstar, virgin Tiger etc etc pilots that were pretty P'd off yesterday not to mention their self loading cargo.....We all use the same resources! My annoyance was and continues to be, that something as simple as this was screwed up by some IT "professionals" who should know better....

Andy

The problem fixed with NAIPS ???????

I can access the info on my iPad and phone but not on PC .

Return is 404 - File or directory not found.

I accept I am probably doing something wrong but by trying to access the info and getting the above return it appears to still have major problems.

Maybe someone here can point me in the right direction.

To get a printout of the info I have to send it as an email to my PC - I don't have a printer connected to iPad or phone.

All good here... not sure what I've done but just updated my password when I got the notice of the change and there was no issue... you will need to do the latest update to Naips and Ozrunways on your i device for it to work however.

My fault

It is my old computer. - For some reason it doesn't recognise the new NIS log on setup. Laptop and iPad work so the problem is of my making. Don't know enough about settings and the like to fix it but I can live with that having access with iPad is enough.

FrankM

I don't really see the problem. In some ways it is actually easier to log on than the old system (unless you were backdooring the system in the first place). PC's or phone... haven't had any problems since the change.