Diving from a beaver into a Porter at 9500ft

AM397

If you thought skydivers were insane, watch this. I'd actually rather be the skydivers than the pilot of Porter. To slow him down to be able to receive the skydivers, he's pulling a chute as a drogue (you can see it in the first few seconds of when the porter becomes visible.

That spinning prop nearby would take me out of my comfort zone:sleep:

Insane!! That's the sort of stunt a moviemaker would come up with. I notices that each skydiver "flared" before approaching the catch plane, out of fear of being minced by the prop.

How awesome is life in the safe, peaceful rich world, that we can conjure up ever more complex and thrilling pastimes, when in other places people are mired in primitive mediaeval cycles of violence.

Actually there are groups of people who only do that sort of thing-you see them doing anything risky. They have lower levels of adrenalin and high risk behavour gives them their high.

Probably our Viking ancestors shared the characteristics. Lacking parachutes and turboprops they built dragon ships and set off across storm-tossed oceans for a buzz. And the chance of a better life.