10 miles

Smubbs

Smubbs,

Goulburn is the closest if you are north side and there are two schools there (Goulburn Aviation and Goulburn Flight Academy), other options are Snowy Aviation Academy at Polo Flat (Cooma), a good option if you're south side. Sadly they are the closest to Canberra so you have an hours drive either north or south to choose from. Depending which way you go I may see you there as I fly out of Polo Flat mostly.

Hope this helps

Phil

Hi Eric,I have my passenger endorsement now and I am doing my second and hopefully 3rd nav tomorrow. First one is with an instructor second one hopefully solo. I am trying to get my navs done by Christmas.

Hi Compulsion, your flying is going very well it seems. Mine is too, but my navs have been on hold a bit because of weather and my instructor going off and getting married. I did my first solo nav today and I was very apprehensive and could not sleep much last night. I wished that my instructor had not told me it would be a solo beforehand. But it turned out very well, at least I did not get lost (which was my fear) and I had a ball. Already looking forward to my next nav ex. Eric

• Like 2

Hi Smubbs,

Welcome to the forum!

We'd be happy to welcome you at Goulburn. I'm with Goulburn Aviation and we have online a Gazelle (although it has a sore leg after the weekend so will be offline for a couple of weeks), a J170 (thanks to Eric!) and now a Sportstar. If you're looking primarily for aircraft hire then feel free to pm me and i'd be happy to talk further. The website has contact details also - www.goulburnaviation.com.au .

If you're interested in the social side the school's been running a BBQ on the first Saturday of every month around midday for close to 20 years. All welcome. There will be a small BBQ in December on Saturday the 1st however there'll be a larger one on the 22nd as we always have a gathering on the last Saturday before Christmas. You'd be more than welcome at this one also!

Guest Howard Hughes
Its probably the wrong place to ask the question, but does anyone know a good RA field near Canberra?

What about Tumut? Very picturesque flying (although a little further from Canberra), always plenty of trikes around when I have been in there.

Dick Smith's field is probably the one you're talking about? It's his private field. He's sometimes extended an "all welcome" when he's popped in for the odd BBQ day at the flying school but I haven't heard of anyone accepting the invitation...