Master brake cylinder problem

wcc1969

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Maj Millard

Yes generally a new o-ring kit will do it. Ensure you use the correct hydrylic fluid for your system, or your O-rings may not be compatable, and could swell causing additional problems down the road. The three different brake fluids used commonly in our type aircraft are; Dextron 111 (red), Automotive brake fluid (straw coloured), and Mil H 5606 aircraft brake fluid. (red)....each type uses a different type rubber O-ring.....refer to your aircraft operators or maintenance manual to find what is needed for your system..................................Maj...033_scratching_head.gif.b541836ec2811b6655a8e435f4c1b53a.gif

• 1 month later...

Hi there, Problem on one of mater brake cylinder of my CA 22 skyfox is still exist! I would rather find new replacement parts for both sides is my best solution. I can not find any model or trademark on the original pump. Any suggestion where to find the right one to fit is much appreciated. I found some in Aircraftspruce's website USA but not sure which one to fit!

Not sure where you are but see if you can find a repair shop that can bore and sleeve the master cylinder and re kit it if it needs be you also need to be sure that the O rings you are using are compatible with the type of brake fluid you are using

• 10 years later...

I also have a Skyfox Gazelle and want to repair a fluid leak/loss of function by replacing the seals in the master cylinder. I can find no part number on the cylinder. I guess it is MATCO but maybe MC-5? Does anyone know for sure what model master cylinder was installed in the Skyfox Gazelle?

• 3 months later...

Thanks Superfox and Nev.

I have now rebuilt my master cylinders using new 'O' rings from Transeals here in Perth - very helpful. Now working 100%!

I have also changed to using Dot 5 silicone purple brake fluid which Matco specify (most L2's use red hydraulic fluid)

Yes they are Matco MC-1 master cylinders which I discovered when I ordered 2 x MC-5 rebuild kits from SkyShop which are way too big.

So I now have 2x unused/unopened rebuild kits for Matco MC-5 master cylinders to sell cheap!

The reason I bought MC-5 is because that is what it says in the Skyfox Gazelle Maintenance and Service Manual. Oh well???

• Informative 1