Site Changes

Admin

Hi All

Today we moved the Recreational Flying Discount Pilot and Aircraft Supplies Shop back to its original name of "Clear Prop" at www.clearprop.com.au

Clear Prop was the name given to the shop by the users here in a poll and provides a means to help pay the costs of running the site for all so a big thanks to those that support the pilot supplies shop here

Now, I am excited to announce the opening of a dedicated "Professional Pilots" site, as a sister site to this one, aptly named "Aircraft Pilots". Yes, we tried calling this site Aircraft Pilots but many of you, by way of a poll, decided Recreational Flying was your preferred choice here so that left Aircraft Pilots at www.aircraftpilots.com free to use for the professional pilots site.

All three sites can be accessed by way of links on each site, depending on what you need:

This site Recreational Flying (.com) for Recreational Aviation

Aircraft Pilots (.com) for Professional Pilots

and Clear Prop (.com.au) for discount pilot and aircraft supplies

Aircraft Pilots will be run by Howard Hughes who many know as a respected user here at Recreational Flying, and is also a professional pilot with ATPL etc, so who better to run the sister site for professional pilots then Howard.

That just leaves the Aviation Enthusiasts (.net) site. This is also being reworked to provide a dedicated site for the real enthusiasts out there but more news on that later...if anyone is interested in heading that site up then please let me know.

Ian, we are all 'aviation enthusiasts' so how do you delineate us to require yet another forum?

Doug, not everyone wants to hear about a new layout in a 747, or the new paint scheme on an Emirates A380, or an enthusiasts trip experience flying from Melbourne to Brisbane with Virgin...the Enthusiasts site is for the hard core enthusiasts and spotters and not to do with the size of the head bolts in a Jabiru Engine

However, for those that are interested in the hard core enthusiasts aspects of aviation as well as being a professional regional pilot and flying their own Jabiru on the weekends, or any derivative of this, then it is all covered by simply clicking the different site links that are displayed near the top of the right column on each site.

That's the thought and I do have spare software licences and server space available so just trying to make as many different people as happy as I can without jeopardising what we already have...it would be fantastic if I could have mixed it all together, easier to manage, but collectively it would be too broad to satisfy everyone