Do Ultralight's have a balanced flight control to avoid flutter?

solomon

Correct mate. Soloman, did you not know this? I think it's time you start a complete rethink on your plane/plan. Read the following extract from RA.Aus. Although rather dated, I don't think it has changed.http://www.raa.asn.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Section-7.1.1-CAO-95.10-New-Registrations.pdf

I took another look it at the 95.10 regulations again, and I realised I missed something earlier, it says to include a 90kg pilot! Does this mean it must have a weight allowance for a 90 kg pilot? I got a set of the requirements for the 95.10 regulations printed out, and it did not have that on it.

I took another look it at the 95.10 regulations again, and I realised I missed something earlier, it says to include a 90kg pilot! Does this mean it must have a weight allowance for a 90 kg pilot? I got a set of the requirements for the 95.10 regulations printed out, and it did not have that on it.

It didn't used to. The amendment could well be challenged in court, it's arbitrary bullshit - 86 kg is the current international norm, and what's to stop a 110 kg pilot having a go?

It didn't used to. The amendment could well be challenged in court, it's arbitrary ******** - 86 kg is the current international norm, and what's to stop a 110 kg pilot having a go?

It's not set down in CAO95.10, but 95.10 does refer you to the RAA Tech manual, which then tells you that you must allow for a 90kg pilot and a minimum of 15l of fuel (unless otherwise approved in writing). A heavier pilot could fly (legally) as long as the airframe was light enough to still meet the 300kg MTOW.

I do recall a clause in one of the regs that suggested thatif the aircraft was close to meeting the requirement (satisfies the spirit of the law), you could apply to CASA for approval for rego anyway.

The thing that peeves me off was that the AUF when they came along agreed not to touch the original ANO 95 10, They were supposed to make another group for the then fat ultralights that were hiding behind 95 10.

I want Santa to bring me a Lazair for Xmas. Please.Nice photo.

No Winsor. . . .you've upset too many people on other forum areas with your ascerbic wit. . . . . . .your Christmas gifts are restricted to a small sock, HALF filled with mixed nuts and a small orange, pinned to the hearth.

Enjoy. ( Merry Christmas. . . )

Phil

It's not set down in CAO95.10, but 95.10 does refer you to the RAA Tech manual, which then tells you that you must allow for a 90kg pilot and a minimum of 15l of fuel (unless otherwise approved in writing). A heavier pilot could fly (legally) as long as the airframe was light enough to still meet the 300kg MTOW.I do recall a clause in one of the regs that suggested thatif the aircraft was close to meeting the requirement (satisfies the spirit of the law), you could apply to CASA for approval for rego anyway.

As the tech manual is a non-disallowable instrument, this is third-tier legislation, and a breach of the constitution. Otherwise, it's a breach under the ADJRS 1988 for the tech manual to contradict / add to the CAO. RAAus have no authority to create regulation.