Forrest Hill airfield near Laidley in Qld

I am looking at taking my grand daughter out to some relatives at Laidley to stay for some of the school holidays I think the closest airfield is Forrest Hill. Can anyone tell me if anyone can land there or is it a private airfield?

Mark

I am looking at taking my grand daughter out to some relatives at Laidley to stay for some of the school holidays I think the closest airfield is Forrest Hill. Can anyone tell me if anyone can land there or is it a private airfield?Mark

Give Kev Walters a call, he'll have a good idea on what's what in his locality, he's on the RAA website under Walters Aviation (I think). Also, if he can't accommodate you he could put you in touch with the people at "bradfield" airstrip a few minutes away.

No Kevins airfield is called Lynfield I have flown in and out of there infact did my pilot certificate test with Kevin there and if you havent been in and out of Lynfield you need to it will get all your skills happening at once. Forrest hill is about 3 or 4 nm northwest of Laidley. I flew over it as a turning point on one of my navs

Mark

No Kevins airfield is called Lynfield I have flown in and out of there infact did my pilot certificate test with Kevin there and if you havent been in and out of Lynfield you need to it will get all your skills happening at once. Forrest hill is about 3 or 4 nm northwest of Laidley. I flew over it as a turning point on one of my navsMark

I am familiar with Forest Hill, but not of any 'public' airstrip there, I suggested talking to Kev, because if there's one there, he'll know, if not he could probably help with his (Lynfield) or the nearby "bradfield".

Hi M61A1

I got in contact with Arthur Marcel he has his saphire hangared at Forrest Hill there are 2 hangars there and 7 aircraft. The strip is marked on the VTC and I used it as a turning point on the way to Lynfield. I did quite a few circuits at Bradfield when I was doing my pilot certificate training its a nice airfield. Arthur has told me how to get there by road etc it is about 800 mtrs long so heaps of room for my aircraft. Going to testfly her with the new CG on sunday so hopefully she goes as I expect which should make the stol performance better. I have to get all the women together to find the actual day I will be doing the taxi run but it sure beats driving to laidley again

Mark

Hi M61A1I got in contact with Arthur Marcel he has his saphire hangared at Forrest Hill there are 2 hangars there and 7 aircraft. The strip is marked on the VTC and I used it as a turning point on the way to Lynfield. I did quite a few circuits at Bradfield when I was doing my pilot certificate training its a nice airfield. Arthur has told me how to get there by road etc it is about 800 mtrs long so heaps of room for my aircraft. Going to testfly her with the new CG on sunday so hopefully she goes as I expect which should make the stol performance better. I have to get all the women together to find the actual day I will be doing the taxi run but it sure beats driving to laidley again

Mark

Glad you found it. There must be a lot of strips around there, I've done a bit of driftering from Kev's, I know of at least 4 just off the top of my head.