2012 Financials

Guest Andys@coffs

The staff body count is less important than the total staff costs (including post employment payouts as these are also a cost of doing business).

It may well be (but not necessarily so) that you can replace lower skilled staff with better skilled staff and achieve efficiencies at a lower rate per customer (member).

RAA may also have too few (but more efficient) staff at the beginning of the period and overstaffed at the end.

It seems that the membership has increased by over 90% and the national benchmark salaries by 20% meaning that at a fixed dollar per member servicing cost the wages bill should have been expected to go up by in the order of 110%.

EDIT

it seems that the staff costs have only risen by 106% (see#121 above) So I am not going to get excited about the history of staff costs but would like a benchmark of wage rates and membership costs to ensure we are not screwing the staff or members. The rest below was what I started with when we were talking about a staff cost increase og 121%

END EDIT

So we are looking for a real gap of about 10% (to 121%?) in the staff costs. (perhaps treasury staff to manage to RAA pot of gold).

If we presume that the fantastic plastics require a lot more staff time (so it has been asserted 034_puzzled.gif.ea6a44583f14fcd2dd8b8f63a724e3de.gif) then this might close the gap - but we could have, also, been underpaying the staff in the past.

We have no benchmarks for either the per staff costs or the per member costs.

The question underlying a lot of theses discussions is what has the board been doing and maybe we need a Vice-president to spread the load on a, potentially, overloaded executive (since it appears that there was no-one there to pick up the baton, properly, when SR was unavailable at some significant times during the last year or so..

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put these figures in "Plain English" sheet B30 onwards. Should change the totals and then change the % (unless I didn't do the formula - I have been fiddling since) should be 106% (the figures are $$$s).

508211, 508729, 707943, 868396, 840690, 1075708

Ah...got the last figure wrong. Thanks.

And thanks Col for that summary.