Aviation magazines....

Wondering as to what viewers read in regards to the monthly aviation magazines, if any.

Looking through the newsagents stands on aviation there appears to be a large amount of magazines covering just about everything but... our current aviation issues.

The only magazines I personally read/subscribe to are the AU magazines; Australian Flying, Pacific Flyer and of-course our RA. Of the overseas listings; they are the US Kitplanes and from the UK; To-day's Pilot and Flyer.

I find thesemagazines just about cover all our current issues with usualy good information. The rest, andthere are many, cover re-hashes of old aircraft, airliners, war'ies and otherinfo..

Cheers,

Rodger

Guest Leonardo

Rodger,

Personally I think you're better off being part of a great flying community and a Forum that binds the community together .. wait up ..

.. that would be this place !! ;)

You get up to date information from those people that actually fly the thing you are interested in .. plus reviews, photos, humour and even the occasional serious reply to your questions (but not likely from moi .. hehe!) ;)

Seriously and IMHO the Internet has overtaken magazines.

Support your local Forum, it's free and it informs.

Did I mention it's FREE?

Cheers, Leonardo

Leonardo

Stay tuned Roger - there will be a forum here hopefully in the next couple of days called "The Best Photo Competition" where the best photo each month wins a short subscription to an Australian Aviation Magazine.

Other then that I can't get the time to read through the 3 magazines that I subscribed to - naturally the RA-aus mag, Australian Flying and Computer Pilot.

We all know that RA-aus mag is specific to us and I find Australian Flying more kind to the recreational flying community then others and offcourse with my keyboard flying Computer Pilot is good for that plus it has a lot of proper technical articles like flying a glideslope, radio calls etc.

Just my thoughts!

G'day Ian, thanks for your reply (and that of the others too ). My comments were not ment against this excellent site.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I was just asking the viewers as to what they read in the way of aviation magazines.

In my business, information, especially qualified information is ‘gold’, and I have been a little disapointed with the varity and quality of aviation magazines stocked in our local newsagents that both the aviation community and that of the general public can view/purchase… Looking at 30 year old GA aircraft reviews/warplanes that have been reviewed ten times around and many a article on everything but our current aviation scene does not leand itself to enthusing new entrants into our aviation community.

As a point of interest, yes, the internet and forum sites of the likes of are a great benefit to our aviation community and it’s not unusal for myself to send up to 80 hours a week with internet related business activities but I also read (subscribe) to quite a number of magazines and journals and it’s not usual to have read some 20 or so magazines and jounrnals a month too.

To all, keep aviating and enjoy this forum site… It’s by far the best in oz!

Cheers team,

Roddger

• 1 month later...

Talking magazines, I found one at work the other day called AIRPORTS, and just looking at the cover got me incensed. 068_angry.gif.cc43c1d4bb0cee77bfbafb87fd434239.gif

Working at Bankstown, I used to see the PR crap that BAL (Bankstown Airport Limited) would put out to justify why they are tyring to get rid of GA, and triple all the rents.

Now some one has formed an ASSociation of airport operators and even published a magazine on how to make more money! 088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif

This bunch of pen pushing bean counters (with little knowledge of one end of an aeroplane from another) are going way beyond the "User pays" concept, into pure, blatent PROFIT.

Those that think this is the thin edge of the wedge, obviously haven't noticed that some GA is starting to fall over.

Vote for the party that will take Public infra-structure back into the goverment!! :;)6:

If you want to see more, check out...

Crooks.com

Arthur.

Mate,

I just checked out the site.. and the headline on car parking issues says it all really.

Cash Cows

And a quick skim leads me to believe that airport operators are in great danger of losing the plot as to what aviation is about.

Ben

working at williamtown/Newcastle airport, i heard a ruour that when the

new car parks are complete, all staff will be required to pay the same

rate as passengers! thats a max of $15 a DAY just to go to

work....

fortunatly the company i work for has a staff car park on its own land.

staff car park on its own land

It may look like their own land, but I bet their paying commercial rates for that empty bit of ground! :ah_oh:

Our mob (BAL) have tripled ALL rents at Bankstown in the last two years, "To bring rates in line with similar (?) local commercial property rents" 068_angry.gif.cc43c1d4bb0cee77bfbafb87fd434239.gif

Arthur.

Guest ozzie

the carpark at kingford smith has beenTHE majorrevenue producer for the airport for several decades. there is no way you can park within 2 klms of that place.