Anybody else got a problem with this??

Teckair

Guest Maj Millard

Yes treckair, there was heaps wrong with it, and I'm sure it never flew. The builder went on to win an RAA-us flying scholarship, and ended up posting some very nice video of him soloing in a Tecnam P92 after appropriate training, very nice bit of flying also..I'm sure there's more on him in other posts......................................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

It's agreed that Solomon's little homebrew is a result of a lot more enthusiasm and inventiveness than technical prowess but ya gotta dip your lid to the lad for carrying a devotion thru to it's current state considering his youth, his lack of product experience, no funding, no serious industrial equipment/process access, etc etc etc. With much help from some of Rec Flying's forumites he achieved his RAA Pilot's Certificate recently and I have absolutely no doubt that we'll be hearing more of this young man's achievements as time goes on. Well done Solomon - you can taxi it down my street any old day and I'll walk the wings.

• Like 3

Sadly... Solomon posted a while ago that the machine was destroyed in a fire... fortunately without burning the house down!

Perhaps a blessing in disguise. With his obvious talent and resourcefullness, he's now in a position to concentrate his abilities towards a more flyable project rather than chase-the-dragon attempting to 'civilize' his initial efforts. I fully expect him to survive the 'baptism by fire' and carry on to bigger & better things. That kind of personality doesn't give up easily. Go Solomon!

• Like 5