Secret 'no-fly zone'?

“Once we’ve neutralized the threat, we step back and we remove ourselves from the issue,”

love this bit.. in other words, once we jump to wild uneducated conclusions that could ruin your life, we are not accountable for anything we do.

• 2 months later...

Interesting. I like the part where both the FAA and the local Police are giving conflicting statement. I'dve politely told the local boys that I was listening to the FAA on this one. Possibly not so politely.

Anywho, credit to the fellow for being on the ball and knowing what he had to do to get back home. Not saying he should have landed at request of the police, but still, possibly not a terrible choice.

Cheers - boingk

Fleming waited outside the courtroom Aug. 21 as his case went before the judge. When his attorney returned and said the case would be dismissed if he agreed not to take any legal action against Darlington County law enforcement, he said, he reluctantly agreed.

So they blackmailed the poor bloke away from his right to take legal action against the local law enforcement for not having a clue what they were doing, and for subjecting him to unlawful detainment? Talk about scum. Perhaps someone more legally knowledgeable can set me straight here, but if the FAA couldn't find any fault with what he did, how can he be charged with anything? Especially breaching the peace in a glider!!!

I know that things are a little jumpy since 9/11, but surely this could have been handled so much better.