AN Bolts

Guest GraemeM

Guest GraemeM

I remember some time ago there use to be an add in the mags for AN bolt sales.

I don't see it anymore. As I live up in the tropics who do I call to purchase my desired bolts?

Also chasing a Rotax 1/4" prop spacer and exhaust springs, does our shop carry these things Ian?

Thanks

Graeme.

Guest GraemeM

Thank you for the replies gentlemen.

Another question if I may please. Where do I get a throttle cable splitter from? Floods do not stock them.

Graeme.

Thank you for the replies gentlemen.Another question if I may please. Where do I get a throttle cable splitter from? Floods do not stock them.

Graeme.

That's not an easy one. I managed to scrounge one from a marine controls supplier, it's off an early model Jetski but the later models don't use them. They can be got from outboard wreckers from time to time but they want well over $100 for them, new ones are about $180 as a spare part for the older Jetskis.

I actually needed two, one for choke and one for throttles. I used the Jetski one for choke and made one for the throttles, mine was much smoother and that's why I used it on the throttles. I've posted some pics so you can see one way to make them, the tube is CRMO tube, the slider is PVC, the ends are Acetal (just because I had some the right size, could be PVC, and the drawbolts are 4mm s/s threaded rod. You can also see the Jetski one in the top pic.

Alternatively you can use a bellcrank type of arrangement i.e. a bellcrank bearing bolted to some part of the airframe and with a swinging arm coming off it, one cable to the arm from the throttle lever, two cables departing the arm to the carbies. An advantage is that you can change the ratio of throttle arm movement vs carby arm movement.

Hope it helps - Note pictures not loading properly, if you only see one picture (or none) and boxes where pics should be right click on it and 'open in a new tab'.

SDC11130.JPG.53f2d713b0e21480dd26aec642b717b8.JPG

SDC11136.JPG.199f57cfaf7153253c9fb2600a87e511.JPG

Thank you for the replies gentlemen.Another question if I may please. Where do I get a throttle cable splitter from? Floods do not stock them.

Graeme.

Hi Graeme

Try motor bike shop they will have the plastic ones or l can send you a link for aluminum ones that l get from the US if you like.

cheers Geoff.

Cable splitter is a common part for Jap 2 stroke bikes using the oil pump that responds to throttle. You could make your own but would not be as well dust sealed as the purchased product. Yamaha still make parts for superceded models so might be a good start. Their cables are good too, but you will have to get the lengths right.. Nev

Guest GraemeM
Hi GraemeTry motor bike shop they will have the plastic ones or l can send you a link for aluminum ones that l get from the US if you like.

cheers Geoff.

That link would be handy thanks.

Graeme.