Nindigully - how to get there? Or somewhere with a good burger!

rdarby

I was watching some sort of lifestyle program on TV last night and they were showing a road tour of outback Queensland in support of Angel Flight.

They showed the burgers at the Nindigully Pub. My giddy aunt, you would not take off again if you ate one.

I want one.

Does anyone know if there is an airfield nearby? I can only find St George on the map but it's 40km away and too far to walk!

Otherwise, is there a good pub within 3 hours flying of Brisbane with an airfield that anyone can recommend please?

Cheers

Ryan

Toogoolawah, Ramblers Drop Zone has great hot food including breakfasts from 8.30. - 9am daily with Accom, bar and great 3,000 ft grass strip. Close to Brisbane.

See past Toogoolawah events posts for all operational info. Highly recommended.

Nindigully has a Facebook page, and on it they responded to my question, and said that they will fetch pilots from St George. I didn't ask about the cost of that. They do have some cheap accomodation at the pub.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if I would be brave enough for that! It should be able to handle it, but there are a bunch of other guys in the syndicate who want to know why I'm staying there with the barmaid and not coming back, and only sent them the left wing and one wheel that was left of the plane back!

Come down to Goulburn, we have a hellava few local places for burgers and food in general. My recommendation would be a pick between the Charcoal Chicken or the Empire's burger with the lot, or the Hibernian Hotel's wagu burger... although it comes with double patties and I'd ask for a discount and only one as its very rich.

Bathurst also has a great burger place - Zac's on George St. Used to be Durahms but changed hands... still does great burgers. They do a 'challenge' burger with double everything on an oversize bun, actually, and if you finish it you get a pic on the wall. Shared one with a mate one night because it was cheaper than two burgers with the lot and we barley finished it between the both of us! Hellava place, great people too.

Cheers - boingk