Wing Strut Attach Brackets

propfarmer

Hi Everyone,

I have recently purchased a T500 that was a 99% complete rebuild project.

I am in the process of replacing the wing skins as the aircraft has been sitting in an open front hangar and the leading edge is stuffed.

With the skins off I have checked that the strut attach brackets comply with the AN 27-10-2004.

They all seem ok but there is a second set of these brackets inboard of the strut brackets which I think attach to cables? It appears that these are the old style seam welded variety.

Do these need to be updated as well or are the ok provided they are not damaged?

Thanks for your help

David

Hi Everyone,I have recently purchased a T500 that was a 99% complete rebuild project.

I am in the process of replacing the wing skins as the aircraft has been sitting in an open front hangar and the leading edge is stuffed.

With the skins off I have checked that the strut attach brackets comply with the AN 27-10-2004.

They all seem ok but there is a second set of these brackets inboard of the strut brackets which I think attach to cables? It appears that these are the old style seam welded variety.

Do these need to be updated as well or are the ok provided they are not damaged?

Thanks for your help

David

Hi David, The outer brackets are the ones that have to comply with AN 27-10-2004 Happy rebuilding Steve .
  • Like 1

G'day propfarmer,

Great stuff! I had a lot of fun during my restoration project that you can see in my avatar to the left here.

Those brackets are also used as the attachment point for the jury struts, as well as the cables you mention.

Inspect the stainless steel brackets closely whilst you can, and if in doubt replace them. if they are ok then I would reuse them, bearing in mind that your aircraft daily inspection should include a full inspection of all these stainless steel brackets - 4 on each wing, so 8 in total.

I'm no expert so take my views for what they are - an anonymous poster on a forum.

All the best,

Pud

• Like 1

Thanks Steve and Pud,

I assumed that it was only the outer ones that had to comply but just wanted an opinion other than my own. They all appear in good order and the aircraft hasn't been flown since the work was done. This aircraft has had all the tubing replaced (it was the thruster that the wing lift strut corrosion issue was discovered on) and I thought it would be strange if it hadn't been done correctly. The guy who did the work was a bit of a guru from what I am told, or at least he has rebuilt a couple of thrusters...

David

G'day propfarmer.

When I changed my stainless steel brackets on my T500 I had them done through Tony Hayse and I only had to replace the outer brackets.

SAJ

• Like 1