Just Landed

amunro1

You have time on your side, alec.. I loved aeroplanes all my aware life, though they were stranger then than now. Today we can go to Queensland or any where, cheaper than any other way in a plane. Double wingers ( biplanes ) were common. Some of the magic has gone but the challenges are still there to build and fly and to look down in wonder at all the small houses and people , rivers lakes and hills, beaches sea and towns, to understand the clouds and the weather, and become an "air"man.... Nev

• Agree 1

I helped Reg build his current Savannah, Helped him build the Blue one before that too, I had my first ride in the one before that, White one with pink stripes. Don't need to tell you my first plane will be a Savannah I suppose.

PS Aviation is expensive, that is why so many of us have to wait so long to get into it. Blokes like Tomo are the exception, you just need a lot of dedication and work hard to pull it off.

Was the build difficult or frustrating at all or was it well laid out in the manual and easy to follow. I am contemplating airforce when I leave school so i get a lot of flying. I just saw that you live at Warialda, that is very close to my home town. Alec Munro:plane:

Are you from Moree Alec? I really live out nearer to Yetman about twenty minutes from Reg.

When we built the maroon one it was the middle one of three but we kept each kit separate, even though I built all the flaps/Ailerons in one run. Reg has built about ten now so he only needs to check odd things in the manual. The manual gets criticised at times but if you realise the diagram is usually on the next page to the text it gets less confusing.

ICP who build savannah models in Italy once built CH701 under licence in Europe, they made a considerable amount of changes(read improvements) to the design and continued to develope the Savannah, as opposed to BRM who just stole the CD with the design of the early classic savannah on it and began producing them as Land Africa. That plane is also now somewhat different to the original design they aquired. There are about five others produced wordwide which are also very similar such as the Yuma. WAC spirit is a modern design from the original designer of the CH701 and his initials aren't CH either!

• Like 1