Video: Jabiru 2200 boroscoped

Keenaviator

Thanks for that, Keenaviator. A bit reassuring. I run mine on a weak 2-stroke mix before shut-down, but don't know if that is enough. It has sat for 6 months, and I hope to fly it to Temora at Easter. Just purchased a 9mm inspection camera and hope to be able to get at the engine next week. What is the rust inhibiting oil you mention?

Whatever jabiru used must be pretty good. I don't know what Manfred used while he had if (he bought the kit new in 2000). I bought it last March and gave it a dose of Lanoguard via a kero gun. Seeing that the rust prone chromoly is in such good shape gives me confidence that the cam and crank will also be good.

There has always been information on this on the CASA website. I've posted many times and never got any questions or a response. Chromoly as a metal is not particularly rusty.it's just that the oil rings remove most of the oil and the products of combustion are corrosive. Old oils have more contaminants in solution and your engine should not be short ground run thinking that is as good as going for a fly and getting the oil thoroughly hot. Nev