GPS WHAT TO BUY

Ok how I did it.. First you need a gps! Bought a $70 car

gps dick smiths.. Next on my computer I downloaded Ozi-explorer. About $40 I think. Plugged the gps into computer and copied the Ozi-explorer to the GPS ( automatically installs to favourites .. Then I found the free WAC charts ( I still them somewhere so could possibly send you them via email if needed) then copied them to oziexplorer in GPS and they automatically install to correct folder and done!

Turn on gps select fav. Oziex and there you have it .. Change ground speed to knots select a aircraft or glier icon. Set tracks etccc... Hmmm but compared to oz runways,!,,

Well no comparison just save for an old ipad( one on here for cheap I think?) and get oz runways ...., take it easy hope this helps

• Informative 2

Guest ivan4ilse

Thanks for that, have Navman. Will try the download and see how it goes. Will do a search for the free WAC charts.

I'll have a look tomorrow for make( it's still in plane ) but any gps will work

It was a couple years now so would have to search google but I still have all the free maps in my PC some where I'll have look a soon as I get a chance lil flat out at present

I'll try post some pics also

• Like 1

Guy's - check out thread MIO MOOV OZexplorerCE. Using a MIO MOOV 360 or 370 ( both have slot for an SD card) for a moving map GPS. I have one and it's a great little GPS. I use it as mainly as a backup but it is reliable and easy to use.

• Agree 2

I keep a Mio 370 as backup, can't remember much these days how I got it up and running anyhow I obtained a DVD "All Australian Maps" from Maptrax in 2011. WACs hardly ever date and while VTC's etc do could be ok for reference. Using OziExplorer on a big screen is a good tool for planing. If anyone is interested in a copy of Maps PM me. No Cost