What an experience

Davenelson

Hi guys, I've just commenced my new hobby.

The wife gave me an instructional flight for my 40th birthday. Well, I'm been well and truly been bitten by the bug to get in the air. Lots to learn now and just completed my second lesson.

Spent 1.5 hrs in the air within three days and can't wait to get back up there.

• Like 8

Dave,

Welcome to the club for aviation tragics! Now you have been "bitten by the bug", an aircraft will not fly overhead without you looking up, wishing it was you flying it. Where are you flying, and what are you learning in?

Cheers,

Joe

• Agree 1

Dave,Welcome to the club for aviation tragics! Now you have been "bitten by the bug", an aircraft will not fly overhead without you looking up, wishing it was you flying it. Where are you flying, and what are you learning in?

Cheers,

Joe

Hi joe,

Flying from Jasper's Brush, NSW south coast.

Did the Instructional trial in a Brumby and learning in a Jab-160

Loving it would be an understatement

Dave

Dave,. . . . . . . I know everone has welcomed you to this extremely friendly and very useful site, BUT. . . .

DON'T DO IT MATE. . . . . . . This is the slippery slope to financial oblivion,. . . .not only this, but you'll be boring all your family and friends to tears with you exploits ! ! ! ! ! !

Pilots are a really WEIRD MOB. . . . Surely you don't really want to join them ? I've had expensive therapy, and I STILL waste loads of money doing it. . . . . ! ! ! ! I can't imagine how much money I've spent flying. . . . got to be more than a hundred grand in forty years,. . . .

You could buy a nice fishing skiff for that . . . . ?

Phil ( ! )

• Haha 2

Hi guys, I've just commenced my new hobby.The wife gave me an instructional flight for my 40th birthday. Well, I'm been well and truly been bitten by the bug to get in the air. Lots to learn now and just completed my second lesson.

Welcome Dave!

Hi joe,Flying from Jasper's Brush, NSW south coast.

Did the Instructional trial in a Brumby and learning in a Jab-160

Loving it would be an understatement

Dave

Welcome Dave,

And no doubt you will be getting top instruction from Andy (Motz) and the team.

Welcome to the life of forever looking up when your down and lo0king down when your up there wondering what the poor people are doing.

Alf

You could buy a nice fishing skiff for that . . . . ?

Phil ( ! )

Tried that, trouble is I couldn't get it to fly, so back to spending hard earned cash on things with wings

• Like 1

Tried that, trouble is I couldn't get it to fly, so back to spending hard earned cash on things with wings

Fair Go Paul. . . .

When I wasn't gainfully employed flying guns, drugs and machine parts around the Indonesian archipelago,. . . ( ! ) my mate Gary and I decided to buy a cheapy old boat, and we went fishing off Brisbane a few times ( ! ) one day we caught something which was identified as a "Turbot" it was a right heavy little beggar, about a metre long and it took both of us to land it and drag it into our little ( 14ft ) boat. A local fishybloke said that the restaurants would pay a few bucks for one of those, and they weren't wrong ! We found a place that paid seventy bucks a fish ! Unfortunately. . .fisheries and wildlife caught up with us after around ten trips, and asked if we'd got a licence ( why do you have to have a licence for everything that's interesting, fun, and makes a few dollars ? ? ? ? ) He said our boat was under-equipped, insanitary and totally unsuitable, . . it had no refrigeration for fish caught, and we couldn't operate a commercial business unless we got a licence. . . . so that was the end of that little scam. Funny though, some time later, I tried grilled Turbot in Ujung Pandang, and thought it tasted rather like warmed up kangaroo doos. ! ! ! must be the way you cook it !( The Chinese and other asian restaurants used to LOVE it ! ! !

SO. . . . . . it was Back to flying. . . I had a licence for that fortunately. . . although some of those old cargo aeroplanes would NOT have passed a "Sanitary" test if you looked into the dunnies. . . .

Phil

Hi guys, I've just commenced my new hobby.The wife gave me an instructional flight for my 40th birthday. Well, I'm been well and truly been bitten by the bug to get in the air. Lots to learn now and just completed my second lesson.

Just a very quick question Dave. . . . . .

Why were you flying a Russian aircraft ( in your avatar pic ) ? ? ? ? had they got no AUSSIE ones ( ! )

Phil