Parachutists collide

Anyone have more info on the two parachutist that collided today somewhere near Goondiwindi? Apparently only minor injuries but that would have to be a highly scary experience!

Guest ozzie

Nothing on the jump vine. could it have been paragliders?

Highly scary experience? It's pure terror! I been there, sub 300ft wrap. Both of us got away with landing partially open canopies after colliding at speed. Very intense few seconds.

Have u moved to Windorah Tommo ????.........please explain............................Maj..034_puzzled.gif.ea6a44583f14fcd2dd8b8f63a724e3de.gif gangnam.gif.007997afc91fff9e44056d93617435e4.gif

Yes! Well just for a couple months at this stage... on a station out here, 70klms East of Windorah... got an airstrip, fuel and cake, or even a bed if you need it! Come visit!

• Like 1
  • Caution 1

Guest Maj Millard

Hell cake too !!....that's my sort of station, I'll see what I can do..........................................Maj...gangnam.gif.007997afc91fff9e44056d93617435e4.gif

I feel the need for a weekend away, how good is the strip, got avgas?

It's pretty good, it's just a red dirt strip as they all are out here, but been recently graded - I'd land a Jab on it, put it that way.

You're welcome to visit Matt (I'll double check with the owners once you work out when), there is avgas in Windorah down the road, so you can either land there and fuel up or I can get a drum filled next time I'm in town. Be great to catch up again! From the 26th onwards we'll be mustering for a couple weeks, so it probably wouldn't be a good time during that unless you want to help!

You won't have a problem with weather at least... dry as a bone out here!

If you get your WAC chart out and fine Quilpie and Windorah, "Clifton" is about 70klm toward Quilpie on the highway. The property is marked on the map.

• 4 weeks later...

Go-tommo,,soon-you,ll-havem-paying-the-station-just-to-fly-in-and-partake-of-a-bit-of-real-aussie-station-life/muster-experience-good-on-ya-m8

Guest ozzie

No, I was only 8 years old then. But already hooked from watching episodes of "Ripcord".

Newcastle Sport Parachuting Club was operating from Rutherford then. The club was established in 1960 at Rutherford. It then moved to Cessnock and then to Elderslie in 1970.

I did my first plane ride and jump in 1975 at Wilton ( now Picton) on my 19th birthday and my first jump with NSPC at Elderslie in 1976.

• 3 weeks later...

lol.. They were in fairly good nick with matching engine and body numbers. Its amazing whats sitting in the sand dunes a bit further west. couple of thousand rum bottles including the corks. Ah those were the days.