CTSW Flips on landing

Without anti skid, slamming the brakes on with a largish plane is sure to blow tyres as there is still some lift from the wings. Spoilers provide the answer.( plus the ABS).

Large jets land with the nosewheel well up and have to flare it onto the runway some distance after the mains have touched. You don't usually brake the aircraft till that is done ( for obvious reasons) so that may be what our man is referring to. Nev

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off topic but..............

Evekto Eurostars ( Sport Star in OZ )........... Anyway, the company building those has just gone bust, and is in the process of being taken over, . . Thye used to build them one at a time in an old barn, and couldn't keep up with orders.

Phil

Do really expect us to believe this garbage? Have a look at - http://www.evektoraircraft.com/en/company/about-us

That looks like a pretty flash "old barn" to me.

Maybe you are reffering to whoever distributes them in the UK? They might reassemble them but they certainly don't build them.

• Agree 1

Off topic but..............

Do really expect us to believe this garbage? Have a look at - http://www.evektoraircraft.com/en/company/about-us

That looks like a pretty flash "old barn" to me.

Maybe you are reffering to whoever distributes them in the UK?

Hi Mick, YES . . .I was referring to the UK agent.

My sincere apologies for not using the terms UK CONCESSIONAIRES in my garbage post. The "Shed" used by the previous UK "RE-ASSEMBLY AGENT" was so small that the partly re-assembled aircraft had to be shuffled from side to side to clear the narrow doorway with the tail, then the wings were fitted out in the open.

Whilst I have no wish to denigrate the person who used to run this business, it DID appear to suffer slightly from underinvestment in a more sutable building in which to complete an airframe; and was only physically able to complete ONE machine at a time, resulting in a long wait for orders to be fulfilled.

I've been to the place where they actually BUILD them thanks.

Kind regards,

Phil

Hi PhilMy comment was very tongue in cheek...I was suggesting the esteemed gentleman was NOT a fan of tricycles and preferred conventional gear. Hence the rather brutal handling practice.

Kaz

I KNOW you were Kaz. . . ! Maybe Wolfgang saw it as a total desecration of a pure design, thought up to take the skill out of landings . . .! That's the way it reads anyway.

Phil