Moruya Interclub Competition

numptie

For anyone interested, Moruya Aero Club is having an interclub competition and fly in on Saturday 7 July. I believe there will be three or four competition events (including ribbon cutting) and aerobatics display. For those who don't want to hang around the airfield, Moruya township is about 5km away with a few nice pubs or you can pack a rod and go fishing (and perhaps teach me how to catch a decent sized flathead). So anyone who wants sonething to do on that weekend, come down and have a look-see.

Bob

Hi Numptie,

Sounds tempting, though I assume that Moruya still has ASIC requirements in place.

I am filling in my ASIC application at the moment, with the expectation of being able to start doing flights to Moruya and other nearby ASIC airports again in the future.

Any chance we might still be able to fly in without an ASIC card if we restrict ourselves to certain areas of the airport away from the passenger terminal, or is just having lodged an ASIC application with RAAus sufficient?

I'm not too sure. The good thing is that going through RAAus, the ASIC doesn't take nearly as long as CASA (in my experience). It might pay to ring the aero club on 02 4474 2182 and see if they have any special arrangements in place for that day.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Fred Bear

Are you sure Moruya has an ASIC requirement? I was not aware of it being a RPT Aerodrome.

Got my ASIC application in and a confirmation letter back from RAAus, but the weather doesn't look like it's going to play ball this saturday. Well as soon as it does I'll be sure to drop in at Moruya for a chin wag and some coastal flying.

Cheers,

Glen

That's great. Make sure you do go down there, the views are excellent. Make your way down the coast to Merrimbula and you may get the chance to spot a whale or two at the right time of year.

Bob