A new pilot/wannabe plane owner

Hiya'll

I saw the URL in Recreational Aviation magazine and decided to check it out. I signed up so when I noticed the thread on the Gary Morgan Cheetah since I just bought a kit and will need all the help I can get since I only had my licence for about 6 months and never owned a plane let alone built one. But I will be working hard so hopefully I will be in the skies soon.

It is my goal to be fllying my own plane before I am 21, April 2008.

Happy flying everyone, we'll meet someday in the sky.............

Guest Sabre

Welcome...keeps us informed of you progress and a few photos wouldn't go a stray.. I'm sure that there are plenty of blokes here that could help you, not me I'm afraid. Still trying to learn to fly and I still have trouble knowing which end of a screwdriver to hold..lol

Cheers

Thanks for all the encouragement, it makes me feel less crazy when I spend all my hard earned money and more on a hobby.

And to Slartibartfast, any fellow Hitchiker's Guide fan is always welcome to call in. I will let everyone know when I get it going and I'll put out an open invitation to everyone to my joint 21st and aircraft warming party :)

I will put photo's up as soon as I start building, I am going up to the factory at the end of this month and will spend a week working on it under guidance before bringing it home. That should make it go quicker.

Thanks for all the encouragement, it makes me feel less crazy when I spend all my hard earned money and more on a hobby.

sheesh couldnt think of a better thing to spend it on :)) wish i had started in aviation when i was your age ;)

I started serious training when I was 15, I was flat broke for a few years. I only have 50 something hours up, but at average $130 an hour thats $6500 and thats a lot for someone that age especially since, until recently, I have had nothing to show for it.

I could have spent it on my car and had something to show off.

Then again a lot of people spent it on alcohol and never have anything to show for it :(

So I am used to being flat broke for the sake of aviation. This time, however, I hopefully will have something serious to show for it.

Like (I assume) all kit builders, I wish I had started <insert length of time it will take to build it> ago. But it is no point worrying about the time it will take, or I will still be worrying about the build time when I would otherwise be finished.

great to see i will be going over at the end of next month to have a look at the cheetah sierra i would like to know how you get on with the project best of luck and safe flying