Lee Wakelin - Pre AUF

Guest Lee Wakelin

Guest Lee Wakelin

Hi Lee Wakelin here. One of the veterans from pre AUF times till now. Thruster - Mustang - Gemini – Drifter - Lightwing - Foxbat – Skyfox etc. etc. etc and more.

Any other veterans around from the days back then "when we made the rules" or bent them - all three.

Guest Maj Millard

Hi there Lee, As I am good friends with Frank Arri up at Deeral your name does come up occasionally. Frank is a regular poster on this site under the name 'Farri' and he has talked about your past exploits. Frank and Fran still live at the Deeral property, still has his Drifter and still flys often..I,m sure he would be happy to hear from you. I am an old 70s skydiver myself, did you do some skydiving yourself back then ??.....Cheers Ross Millard.

Guest Lee Wakelin
Hi there Lee, As I am good friends with Frank Arri up at Deeral your name does come up occasionally. Frank is a regular poster on this site under the name 'Farri' and he has talked about your past exploits. Frank and Fran still live at the Deeral property, still has his Drifter and still flys often..I,m sure he would be happy to hear from you. I am an old 70s skydiver myself, did you do some skydiving yourself back then ??.....Cheers Ross Millard.

Thank you for the heads up. Frank still flying? That is a scary thought with his coordination. I will contact him.

And yes I did and do skydive.

Best

Lee Wakelin

Gidday Lee,

it's been many years since we met and I have been asking after you for many years.

I am from the old days and met you at Frank Baileys house about 1982.

I flew the Mustang that you built and sold to Gil Sweetman. I was guy that took video footage attached to the aircraft at the old army strip at Berrima NSW.

Believe it or not I currently own one of your Javelins. They were great times those day back in 82 below 300' and NOT members of the AUF .... LOL

Where are you these days Lee.

Hi Lee good to hear from you, remeber me? had the water sports operation on long island, now flying a savannah and drifter from our own property just south of prosie. look us up if you are passing. Where are you????

Any chance of getting a float endorsement from 23 years ago?????

Ian

IMG.jpg.696f8b5d1ae4eed573d0f8edf290877a.jpg 026_cheers.gif.2a721e51b64009ae39ad1a09d8bf764e.gif

Guest Maj Millard

Hey nice looking set of floats there Ian.........I don't think they had endorsements back then !!.......Maj...

Thought I recognised the name....

Any chance of getting a float endorsement from 23 years ago?????

Or how about one from 22 years ago?

Flew with you (I think)out of Proserpine and did water circuits off Airlie, 14/04/91.

23-GR532amphib.jpg.bccbe6afb9cf294dd26229e0e6cecb44.jpg

Arthur.

Frank still flying? That is a scary thought with his coordination. I will contact him.Lee Wakelin

Well I`ll be!!!! Lee Wakelin, still flying! Now there`s an even scarier thought. 023_drool.gif.742e7c8f1a60ca8d1ec089530a9d81db.gif... 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif.

Lee, I`m glad to have you on this forum and very pleased to have made contact, after all these years.

Cheers,

Frank.

• 2 weeks later...
Well I`ll be!!!! Lee Wakelin, still flying! Now there`s an even scarier thought. 023_drool.gif.742e7c8f1a60ca8d1ec089530a9d81db.gif... 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif.Lee, I`m glad to have you on this forum and very pleased to have made contact, after all these years.

Cheers,

Frank.

Hello Frank

I just replied to one of your earlier posts from a few years ago so not sure if you got that one. I am looking for a Drifter wire-braced manual A-532/582 which you posted you had. Is there any chance of getting a copy? either digital or paper would be fine. I'm in WA.

Stewart, on Email [email protected]