S.Qld Board Nominations

I am delighted to hear today that Trevor Bange has now agreed to nominate for the RAA board as one of the S Qld Reps. I've known the Bange father and son for more than 25yrs and in my opinion Trevor is just the type we need to help in turning the current fiasco around.

The other SQ nominee, Tony King, is also a breath of fresh air with the right skills and background.

I had a lengthy phone call with both of them this morning and now have a whole new feeling of hope for the future of our organisation. Additionally beneficial is that the two of them know each well and are looking forward to working together harmoniously.

Trevor and Keith are unchallenged for the positions at present so if they take the places on the Board it would appear that we only need one more on the 'right' side and the Board will have the numbers to make effective changes to the Executive. Roll on the election.

With their consent I have re-printed Trevor's Profile and both of their Election Flyers are also attached here -

Trevor Bange

I am pleased to accept nomination for election to the Board of RA-Aus. If elected, I hope to use my experience, skills and enthusiasm for the benefit of all members, and return RA-Aus to a position of leadership in the Recreational Aviation community.

I reside with my wife, Janet, at Clifton in South East Queensland. My love for flying and helping others started in earnest when my father purchased his Porterfield aircraft back in 1955. I took up gliding at age fifteen, advancing to glider towing in Tiger Moths, glider instructing and aircraft maintenance.

I retired from my nursing career in 2002. The Darling Downs Sport Aircraft Association (DDSAA) then decided to establish a recreational flying school at Clifton airfield. I took on the role of voluntary Chief Flying Instructor and Engineer for the Lone Eagle Flying School. I am now a Pilot Examiner for RA-Aus.

Aviation Administration Experience

I’ve held committee positions for both the Darling Downs Soaring Club and the Darling Downs Sport Aircraft Association for over forty five years. I have been honoured with Life Membership of both these organisations.

My gliding administration roles included Director of Engineering and Instructor Training Courses, and Queensland Technical Officer Airworthiness for Gliding. In 2001, in recognition of service to the gliding movement, I was presented with the Fred Hoinville Award by the Gliding Federation of Australia.

I was a staff member and a Flight Commander within the Air Force Cadets for 35 years, and served on the board of a Toowoomba credit union, including two years as Chairman.

For ten years, I have represented RA-Aus on the CASA South Queensland RAPAC committee.

Since 1982, with the support of my family and the members of the DDSAA, I have organized and run the successful annual Clifton Fly-In.

I was heavily involved with the development and assessment processes for the DDSAA youth flying scholarship programme, which eventually became the model for the RA-Aus GYFTS scholarship program.

Over the past two years (or more), RA-Aus has experienced multiple crisis situations that have seriously harmed RA-Aus’ reputation. The Board has allowed poor management practices to persist and has failed in their duty to RA-Aus members.

One of the results has been the CASA grounding of hundreds of aircraft for considerable periods. During this crisis, information to members has been poor, even to those unable to fly their aircraft because of RA-Aus’ record keeping deficiencies.

Only after concerned ordinary members demanded our recalcitrant Board front a General Meeting to account for their failures, were commitments made for serious change. Months later, the Board do not appear to be following through on these commitments. It is clear that any opportunity we have for a better future will not be realised if the same people are returned unopposed (as has happened in the past).

I urge you to use your vote to replace the current Board with new representatives who have demonstrated their commitment to Recreational Aviation and who have developed management and communication skills over many years.

RA-Aus urgently needs open and honest governance, as well as proactive, intelligent, collaborative management. RA-Aus also needs a more inclusive, member consultative approach, to the way it does business. We do not need the secretive “now don’t you worry about that” approach for which our current Executive is famous! Time is running out on RA-Aus. Basically, we cannot afford to have previous mistakes repeated.

We also need a Board that fights for members benefits, such as better insurance premiums and fuel discounts.

RA-Aus needs dramatically improved modern record keeping processes, utilising modern technology with good offsite backups. The unreliable paper-based systems of the past need to be replaced.

We need a Board that will commit to abiding by the RA-Aus Constitution, the CASA Deed of Agreement and Corporations Laws governing associations like RA-Aus. The current Board failed on all three counts!

Finally, I would like to declare that I receive no personal income, remuneration, gratuities or honorarium from instructing or maintenance from my voluntary involvement with either of the not-for-profit clubs.

My only commercial interest in aviation is the small return from aircraft domiciled at Clifton and any casual assistance to RA-Aus with my PE rating.

Members can contact me by phone on 0429 378 370, or by email [email protected] .

Now is the time for change. Only YOU can make the difference. Happy voting !

1919739328_TrevorBange.jpg.656a282a43f7b6b60538b393b991be23.jpg

1213681757_TonyKing.jpg.fc7d895f7532eb6fa2c2ece98e365a3c.jpg

• Like 2
  • Winner 3

Guest Andys@coffs

I absolutely support Trevor and Tony and commend them to you. If Trevor and Tony are both added to our board there is a very real risk that we might well end up following the requirements of the act and the constitution, a vast improvement on where we are at present.

Andy

A new Board with the willingness to recognise the scope of the problems facing RAA , the determination to correct that situation rather than scramble around either in denial or possibly acting to cover-up the practices that have led to those problems and the ability to implement truly effective changes is desperately needed for RAA's survival. I don't know Tony but do know Trevor and he is certainly one such person, and I'd vote for both if I were in that region (damn regional division of voting raises its head once again..)

• Like 1