Hi All

Guest Mike Ipsen

Guest Mike Ipsen

Hi to every one ..New to flying,GREAT day yesterday at the Camden Haven Fly - in [i'm the bloke in wheelchair] first flight in a Jabru ...Very keen to learn to fly with hand controls, info on club membership and flying days..THANKS Mike;)

Guest nsmflyer

Welcome aboard Mike, good to hear you enjoyed your first flight in a recreational aircraft.

The website for all information on joining is http://www.raa.asn.au

From memory you can do upto 3 hrs without membership to RAA but after that point you must join up with the association as a student pilot

The student pilot joining fee is $160.00 which includes the issue of the Student Pilot Certificate, 3rd party insurance cover, Operations Manual, Technical Manual, 12 months RA-Aus membership and 12 months subscription to the monthly Recreational Aviation Australia magazine

Once again, welcome aboard the forum

Hi Mike

Great to hear you enjoyed your flight yesterday and your visit to the flyin.

I don't recall exactly where it is but there is a flying school dedicated to teaching those such as yourself in a wheelchair to fly. May I suggest you give the office of Recreational Aviation Australia in Canberra a ring to find out where they are. I will be back in Melbourne in a couple of days so let me know in this thread if you do find out but if not I will find out some more information for you then.

Great to have you here and enjoy the world of information here in the forums!

G'day Mike.

Have a look at this site too. http://www.wheelieswithwings.com.au/

I believe it is set up by a very affable retired Captain Dave Clegg. Even if not successful for a scholarship, they should be able to provide some information to you regarding learning to fly with a physical disability.

Good luck with your ventures, and welcome to the forums.

Mike.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Mike,

We rubbed shoulders briefly at CH on the Saturday. I'm the one with the better looking CT ... sorry Ian, Matt and Kaz :big_grin:. Might see more of each other in the not too distant future as Gwen and I are looking to move up your way, maybe Bonny Hills, before the years out.

Cheers,

Paul

Welcome Mike

Hi Mike,

New or Old we have all been bitten by the flying bug. You have found a forum here that has so much enthusiasum it encompasses everyone from sky gazers to high hour pilots. As you can see your questions always get an answer from people that know and care.

Good to see you here and hope to see you in the air soon.