Is the site on the right track

Admin

Is the site on the right track?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Is the site on the right track?

• Yes, I think the site has continually improved
    • No, I think the site has deteriorated lately...please add a comment post

Hi Guys/Gals

The site is rolling along very nicely (in my humble opinion) however just because it is satisfying the needs of x number of users doesn't mean that it can't be better so we can also satisfy y number of users. So, in your opinion is the site on the right track in what we are doing?

We have moved the Australian content site to .com.au for Australian specific discussions, we have opened the NZ version of the site although we are still working through the separation of the What's New and Search functions between the two sites and once that is fixed we will open the UK, US, Canada and Sth Africa sites. Each of these sites will also have their own specific Home Page and other site features like Events, Airstrips etc

We have made the site "Responsive" so all features of the site are available on any size device whether it be a PC screen, a Tablet device or a mobile phone.

The Forums cover a wide range of topic area that I think covers just about6 every area you would want in recreational aviation.

The Aviation News section has been cleaned up and made a bit more specific.

We have functions that enable you to easily invite your friends and colleagues to the site to join in, a function that enables you to connect to Facebook and Twitter so your posts you make are automatically added to your Facebook and/or Twitter pages, we have a comprehensive "Like" system for you to add your thoughts to a post and much more all making the site comprehensive and easy to use.

That's the technical aspects of the site but what about content and usage? We have a large range of areas that contribute to the forums like Photo Gallery, Video Library, Aircraft List etc BUT is all this what you want? Is there anything else? Is the content right or should we try and focus on other types of content...basically is the direction the site is taking the BEST direction or in your opinion can it be changed, improved, altered, enhanced etc etc etc...Please, I would very much like to hear your thoughts both good and bad...thanks 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

It's like getting CASA documentation updates but on a nearly weekly basis. After a while it's hard to see the point. I hit the what's new button, click on the threads I'm interested in, click on mark read when I'm finished and that's about it. Now I get to scroll past the site announcement banner, find I'm no longer logged in if I follow a NZ forum link and at the end of it all I'm only trying to read the forum threads I'm interested in.

All I can think of is that it's intended to make the site(s) more commercial so they can be sold which will only mean a bucket load of advertising to wade through as well.

I'm also have a rabid dislike for java scripts. They slow down the target computer, slow down web browsing, struggle to cope with various web browsers and are a pain to diagnose.

That said, I'm getting more out of the forum than I paid for it ;)

It's like getting CASA documentation updates but on a nearly weekly basis. After a while it's hard to see the point. I hit the what's new button, click on the threads I'm interested in, click on mark read when I'm finished and that's about it. Now I get to scroll past the site announcement banner, find I'm no longer logged in if I follow a NZ forum link and at the end of it all I'm only trying to read the forum threads I'm interested in.All I can think of is that it's intended to make the site(s) more commercial so they can be sold which will only mean a bucket load of advertising to wade through as well.

I'm also have a rabid dislike for java scripts. They slow down the target computer, slow down web browsing, struggle to cope with various web browsers and are a pain to diagnose.

That said, I'm getting more out of the forum than I paid for it ;)

Thanks for the comment...just one thing about the NZ links...if you log out of the .com.au site and then log back in you will find you are also logged in to the NZ site. At the moment if you haven't logged in since the NZ site was created, the site hasn't had the opportunity to run the Log In script which logs you in to all sites...your current log in still thinks there is just the one site...hope this helps!

...OR, you can just log in to the NZ site once with your current user name and password and then your login is linked to both sites BUT as I said, we are working on having the "What's New" and Search to only display threads/posts that are specific to the site you are in...the software developers have realised there is an issue and are working on a fix

Maybe select the what's new to only appear once rather than just for a set duration. ie only on first view.

"What's New" - displays ALL threads/posts that you have not read yet

"What's New (24hrs)" - displays ALL threads/posts that have been made in the last 24hrs whether you have read them or not

"What's New" - displays ALL threads/posts that you have not read yet"What's New (24hrs)" - displays ALL threads/posts that have been made in the last 24hrs whether you have read them or not

My mistake, I meant to say the "Maybe select the banner to only appear once rather than just for a set duration. ie only on first view"

My mistake, I meant to say the "Maybe select the banner to only appear once rather than just for a set duration. ie only on first view"

I am not sure what you mean so I will start a Private Conversation with you...thanks