WHAT DO YOU WEAR WHEN FLYING

Guest disperse

Guest disperse

am going to be learning weight shift soon but it's getting a bit chilly so im just wondering what others wear to stop your bit's freezing

i scored a ski suit of ebay just wondering if snow boots are any good

THANKS ALL

Guest Jokerman

> Most of them up here go Naked....even the women!keen.gif.9802fd8e381488e125cd8e26767cabb8.gif

Guess they've had their bits frozen off already. 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

I can vouch for the "Michellin Man" suits.

As a motorcyclist I also have a Dri-Rider winter jacket and will use that if I get an oppurtunity to fly when I don't have my freezer suit around, but do prefer the freezer suit since it's more comfortable and is quicker to get on & off.

It's an industrial freezer suit, main front zip is double ended which helps when you need to pee quick and the legs have zips with velcroe covers up to the hips. They are rated to -30 degrees. I have never been cold in one and when it gets warmer you simply unzip the leg sides. It's noticeably warmer than a ski suit.

Brand name is "Hepworths" and any tradesperson should be able to order one for you. I got a mobile mechanic friend to buy mine at an outlet at Ingleburn approx $180.

Get yourself a pair of Bar-Mitts too. They will keep your hands warm without gloves, making it much simpler to operate your radio or GPS etc.

PunkinHead airsports makes them with heavy woven nylon outside and polar fleece on the inside and a clear plastic pocket on top for your maps & ERSA.

If you're getting a trike with a faired pod then your regular running shoes are adequate as the pod will keep most of the wind off your feet.

Cheers,

Glen

If you're getting a trike with a faired pod then your regular running shoes are adequate as the pod will keep most of the wind off your feet.

Cheers,

Glen

And if you are going pod-less, like my Redback, then in Winter you'll need thick socks and warm boots; I use leather lace-up hiking boots, as they keep out the draft...

Cheers

Chris

Guest disperse

found these boots on ebay and thought they would be good as the sole is more like a runner then a boot

335c_1.jpg.7d215cd64b6c5627a6bfe844d25612eb.jpg

Guest disperse

RICK_P . a bilo boy hey .... i was born and bread in gladstone ....anyway thats my excuse and im sticking to it

disperse.

Where and when in Gladstone? I first went to Gladstone in 1964 and have lived in the area since 1970. At Benaraby for 27 years. I know a few of the old timers.