Flight Sim Joysticks...??

Guest Bendorn

Guest Bendorn

What's the ideal joystick set up for FS??

Thrustmaster? Saitek? What what what...???

Ben

Hi Ben

I use a Saitek force feedback as it is the only joystick I can find that can be reversed for left hand use - even though I am right handed I fly like most others do with a centre stick (non jab that is) so I have to use my left hand - being able to use the Saitek left handed helps when flying the flightsim stick aircraft.

I also have a yoke and pedals and I can completely recommend the pedals with a joystick.

Hi BenI use a Saitek force feedback as it is the only joystick I can find that can be reversed for left hand use - even though I am right handed I fly like most others do with a centre stick (non jab that is) so I have to use my left hand - being able to use the Saitek left handed helps when flying the flightsim stick aircraft.

I also have a yoke and pedals and I can completely recommend the pedals with a joystick.

Ian, I'm after a set of rudder pedals (currently use twist stick for rudder control). I've made some initial inquiries and boy they're expensive. Where'd you get yours and how much ? I don't have a credit card :big_grin: so if it's online ordering I would have to pay via paypal or bpay.

cheers,

b1rd.

joysticks/pedals

g'day ben, i have the saitek x52 and saitek pedals, fab setup but as you say a bit pricey for the pair, although i think from memory there is someone selling the set as a package deal

the saitek pedals are brilliant, the toe brakes are a real help when taxiing

after the headtracker i would say that pedals are the next big step in realism

i'll find out how to post photos on the forum and post a pic of my system and get a link for the pedals too

cheers

boleropilot

aka dave tonks, Australian Flying sim reviewer

my system pic ?

ok, couldn't find anything on how to post a pic so trying photobucket, that's worked on other forums =

the only co showing on shopbot for the saitek pedals is Techbuy, expect to pay just over $200

the co selling the packages is www.flightstore.co.uk

you will save on vat because as an overseas buyer you are exempt, but then you have to pay postage (and that combo will be a Big package, the pedals are a big item)

hope this helps, will keep track of the thread for replies

bp