Port Mac to Wollongong

Admin

This Friday I am looking at going from Port Macquarie to Wollongong and would like to hear anyone's suggested route. I am presuming it would be best down the coast past Willy but then where? or is it better down the VFR lane to Maitland and then where?

Or do I just change my call sign to Charlie Tango F111 and go straight 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Guest David C

Ian .

I think I would probably take the coastal track past Willy . At the Southern end of the track at Nobbys just continue coastal and take V1 past Sydney and you are almost at the Gong in no time at all .The forecast is looking ok at the moment for Friday , so fingers crossed . Just remember to make an all stations call on 120.8 joining V1 and maintain 500' on the Sydney QNH taken from their ATIS on 126.25 . Have a great flight , the Pasha Bulker has gone now , but keep your eyes peeled and you will probably spot a whale or two .

Dave C

Come and say Hi at the the big green HARS hangar and come over to the C47 and ask for Alan if you make it on Friday between 9.00-2.30pm as we keep gentleman's hours only

Hi Alan, are you normally at HARS on the weekend? If so, next time we're over there for lunch we'll drop in and say g'day.

Cheers,

Matt.

We'll be heading to Wollongong for a light lunch tomorrow (Saturday). Expect to be there between 11.30 and 12 then we'll probably head up to The Oaks to catch up with the guys there. Be good to see you there Mazda if you can make it.

Cheers,

Matt.

Ian has left the building

After a leisurely breakfast browsing the weather reports, and an hour's delay due to a flat battery, Ian finally got away from YPMQ at 0900 local. Personally I think he held out to the hour to make nav calcs easier (I really don't believe he can drive all the technology he has packed into that little CT.)

WX for his trip south sucks (predictably!) and he'll need all the CTs performance to make any ground speed at all.

Me, I'm having a day off, and I plan to find somewhere warm and sunny to curl up with a good book.

Hi Matt

I'd love to catch up but I can't make it this weekend ... I'm off to Bathurst to do my instrument rating (only 6 IF hours to go). I was hoping my OH could fly down and meet you there if I couldn't make it but he has to work, so unfortunately not this time!

Maybe next time!

I am stuck at Shepparton for the night but will be heading over to the gong tomorrow - leaving Shepp about 9am so I might catch up with ya Matt - there are 3 CTs coming - at least they have the first 2 initials right for the CT4 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

A big thanks to GreggF for putting me up for the night in Port Mac and then jump starting the CT this morning. Went non-stop from Port Mac - Scone - Mudgee - Temora but the bladder and the need for caffein got me so thanks Neil (I think it was Neil) at Temora for the defrosting time. Got to Shepp, checked the weather and Kilmore Gap was saying cloud was 700ft off the deck and Corrine said it was raining. So I thought I would check it out - got to Mangalore and just saw a wall of cloud and rain so did an about turn for Shepp - it pays to be a member of the Shepp club if not for anything else but for this very reason. Rang Corrine up to come up with the kids (1 hr 45min drive) so the kids can go to Kids World tomorrow and Corrine can go to the Ardmona Factory Shop as well while I head over to Wollongong with 2 other CTs.

Meanwhile "The Great King Arthur" got the Gazelle to Wollongong so now I just need to organise getting it from there to Tyabb so the School Kids can start learning to fly her - it's great to see the young kids learning to fly with the program that Sandy and the others at Tyabb are doing - their story was in an RA mag a while back when they used my Gazelle for that as well.

Matt I think I saw you at Canberra on Saturday afternoon. I was in the C172 taxiing by when you were taxiing by, and getting fuel when you parked. (Also the one complaining about sun glare on 30, due to the old crazed windcreen I think!)

I'm doing my instrument rating so flew there IFR. That flight ended up being nearly 5 hours, day and night, IFR, and I did another one today of nearly 4 hours. (Plus driving to and from Bathurst). l'll sleep well tonight!

That sun glare sure was nasty!

• 1 month later...
Guest Tristo

was in Wollongong yesterday. i was impressed with the restaurant on the airport.

Suprised to see connie there, i had no idea where she actually lived. Only seen her at avalon each time.

Tristo